lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
chadwyk
Not Yet Wild

Default 1998 DS starting problem

I've been given the opportunity to trade a Firearm for a 1998 DS (gas). The hitch is the engine will not fire and will not run. (1) The battery is dead and will not hold a charge. (2) The machine has sit up for about a year and will turn over but not fire. I'm thinking it may a fuel problem. I've took the carb off and cleaned it the best I can and replaced the lines. I now have to get a new pump cause it is out. Is there a way I can test if it will fire without having the pump right now. Also, when I did turn it over to see if I could see a spark in the plug, it was blowing air from the carn instead of sucking. I'm confused.

Also, is it worth messing with because my local dealer said it was worthless and he would not touch it if he was me. I planning on trading a Sig Sauer 226this machine.
chadwyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #2
Dav1774
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1998 DS starting problem

do a compression test 100 psi or less is weak
Dav1774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #3
Dale M
Getting Wild

Spray starting fluid in the carb. If that doesn't get you some pop it's an electrical problem.
Dale M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
chadwyk
Not Yet Wild

OK, Im going to call a buddy and get him to come check the compression. So anything under 100 psi is most likely in need of a rebuild or replacement? Thanks for the responds, and i'm going to try the starter fluid and see about that. Once again guys, thanks bunches. I really don't want to throw away a $900 gun for a money pit unless it's worth it.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
H2OSkiBum
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

If it is not running do not trade. Had a friend got one like that but paid only $200 for it. Little work and $400 and still looking at more. Good Luck
H2OSkiBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:51 AM   #6
chadwyk
Not Yet Wild

Thats my worry. I've already got one money pit and was simply looking at something to ride the wife around the neighborhood but the more I look into it, the worse it looks.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:05 PM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you need 3 things for it to run......compression, fuel and spark...........if you have compression thats the biggest thing.......as mentioned spray a bit of carb cleaner see if she tries to start......also take plug out and put in plug wire ground against motor crank over if plug sparks that you have it narrowed to fuel issue.......those pumps if its a vaccume pump and be taken apart and cleaned or rebuilt.......................................as for the carb you really need to do a good job on them very jet every hole in every jet every port in carb and you need a air compressor to blow thur everything........................................ ..
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car