lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #1
tinman2012
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Smile lighting system

Hi guys I've got a 2004 gas precedent and I want to add front lights and rear park light that come in a kit now I know the cart has factory wiring in front and back and these kits come with the light switch but I'm being told that I need a special adapter to bring the voltage down to 12 volts which is what I'm not understanding if the cart is gas and a 12 volt system why would I need any special adapter, any help is greatly appreciated and I trust what the members on this forum have to say opposed to a sales guy on commision thanks again for your help
tinman2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
etech
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: lighting system

The answer is yes and no, lol! Just make sure you order a light kit for 'gas' Precedent. There is a voltage reducer that comes with the gas light kit that has the effect of dropping the voltage to the headlights about 1 volt. It is a square block with four spade terminals on it and usually mounts on the frame piece behind the cowl. The charging voltage when the engine is running can be as high as 15 volts, which is a bit much for the headlights. Thus, the need for the voltage reducer. All gas light kits for the Precedent should come with this piece.

Ed
etech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #3
tinman2012
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thumbs up Re: lighting system

Thanks so much Ed I did order it for the gas model and now that you explained why it makes sense, thanks again I appreciate you help
tinman2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car