lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
Balmo130
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Drive Belt Rubbing

I know this is the Club Car section, but there are more replies in other sections.

This is my dilemma

Drive Belt Rubbing
I noticed when I inspected my recent purchase of my ParCar that the outside of the drive belt was worn/rubbing just on that side. I chalked it up to just an old belt.

I changed it out and noticed it's starting to do it to the new belt. Does anyone know the cause of this and is there a quick remedy?

Thanks!

Link to my original post with pics:
*http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...t-rubbing.html
Balmo130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2012, 07:42 AM   #2
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

Default Re: Drive Belt Rubbing

I would guess your clutches are slightly out of alignment. I don't know if they make an alignment tool for your cart or not but do a search and see if you can find one. If they don't make a tool to check alignment you will have to do it on your own and see what you find. You could also take a look at clutch alignment tools for snowmobiles and see what you could find.

I don't know diddly about Par Car's so I don't have much help for you as to what may be causing them to be out of alignment.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:02 AM   #3
Balmo130
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Shoeless,

Thanks for ur input. There's not much info out there and not a lot of responses for ParCar's. Makes me wonder if I should sell and buy another part/service friendly cart. The ParCar was too good of a deal to pass up. Thanks again.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:22 AM   #4
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

I did a quick search for "Par Car clutch alignment tool" and didn't get anything. I see that Buggies Unlimited sells an alignment tool for a Club Car but I don't know if that would work for your set up, have to do some measuring and see what things look like. As I said, I have no knowledge of Par Car stuff.

http://buggiesunlimitedcom/product.a...LS%20CC%201001
Old 07-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #5
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I know nothing about Par Cars either, but if it was mine I'd try moving one of your clutches ( if possible ) about a 16th of an inch at a time, and see if your wear pattern improves.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #6
Balmo130
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Simple,

Would you move the drive or driven clutch first? Or both?
Old 07-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #7
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would try the driven clutch. I believe the one on the engine has a tapered shaft. I may be totally wrong on that, but I know some of them are. If you have a manual, it may show if the engine shaft is tapered.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
Balmo130
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

In the belt is rubbing on the lateral side (wheel side). Should I move the driven clutch towards the motor or lateral side?.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #9
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

^^^

I think you have to look and get a visual on the clutches before you can decide if you need to shim it out or take out shims. Since the belt is wearing on the lateral (wheel) side it could mean that the driven (rear) clutch is too far out and belt is riding on the lateral sheave of the drive (front) clutch or it could also mean that driven (rear) clutch is sitting inside of the drive (front) clutch and the belt is wearing on the lateral (wheel side) sheave of the driven (rear) clutch. Hopefully that makes sense......

My first step would be to get the rear end up in the air (or put it in maintenance mode if you can) and watch the clutches work. If they are noticably out of alignment you may be able to see it while watching them and know what changes to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelessjoe View Post
I did a quick search for "Par Car clutch alignment tool" and didn't get anything. I see that Buggies Unlimited sells an alignment tool for a Club Car but I don't know if that would work for your set up, have to do some measuring and see what things look like. As I said, I have no knowledge of Par Car stuff.

[url]http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/product.a
I checked on all the sponsor sites and didn't see a clutch alignment tool on any of them but I was told that we don't post links from buggies unlimited on this site so please disregard that link I posted above.............................
Old 07-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #10
Balmo130
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for all the input.

I looked in the service manual and I apparently need too see if the clutches are lined up. But it is calling to use the ParCar Alignment Tool (PN 12345-96). I have googled searched it and can't find one.

Do you think I need to use this specific one or can I use any alignment tool?

From there I just need to adjust the engine and drive clutch to line up with the driven clutch via engine plate and bolts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car