lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
gerrydiego
Not Yet Wild

Default A couple issues with an XHo7

Hello,

Newbie here. I have a HX07 and have a couple of questions. I am not very mechanically inclined, but would love to start working on this one.

First, when trying to advance, either forwards or backwards, it takes a while until the cart starts driving and when it does, it jerks into drive. It feels like the clutch does not kick in until the revs are pretty high. Is this something that I can adjust?

Second, when turning the ignition key, sometimes there is a screeching sound and nothing happens. Sometimes I have to turn the key several times before it stops squeaking and the engine starts.

Last, when turning the engine off it sometimes stays running for a couple of seconds and "coughs" itself to sleep

Thanks for any and all the help on this!
gerrydiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2012, 06:30 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: A couple issues with an XHo7

HX07?
XH would be an XRT 800/810

Anyways, by the symptoms you describe, The cart is jerking probably due to a worn Drive belt,
and the screeching at start up is probably due to a loose or worn starter/generator belt.
The coughing at shut down could be a few things, bad fuel, dirty carburetor, excess carbon in the cylinder head, or an old spark plug.

Sounds to me like it's time for a really good tune up!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #3
gerrydiego
Not Yet Wild

Hey Lockman,

Thanks for the reply and info. XH is right. It was late last night. I will start doing some research on the things you mentioned and will do my first tune up this weekend. Is changing the Drive Belt and tightening the starter belt something not too complicated that someone non mechanically inclined can do? Any guides out there?
Old 09-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I almost forgot! Welcome to BGW!

For a first timer, I'd suggest you have a friend help you with tightening the S/G belt,
Loosen the mounting bolts on the S/G, one of the brackets will have a "slide",
have a friend pry up on the S/G with a pry bar, while you re-tighten the mounting bolts.

And after re-reading your drive clutch symptoms... a new belt may not help, but, it's a start!
without loosening anything, "roll" the drive belt off of the rear (driven) clutch,
and replace it doing just the opposite! (see pic)

Hope this helps!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #5
gerrydiego
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Don,

I will give it a go in the next couple of days and report back.

Tags
clutch, ignition noise, jerking
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car