lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2021, 06:25 PM   #1
Toomany
Not Yet Wild

Default 1982 Columbia

I recently rebuilt the motor in my 82 Columbia 3 wheeler cart. Hooked everything back up and the motor ran great, the cart drove, stopped, started, and otherwise worked great. The next time out it work great until I went from forward to reverse and then there was nothing. The motor didn't spin or do anything. I have since replaced everything from the wiring to the solenoid, micro-switch, circuit breaker, starter generator, and F/R key switch. The motor still does not turn over or do anything at all. Any suggestions as what might have happened?
Thanks
Toomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2021, 01:04 PM   #2
Toomany
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1982 Columbia

After checking a few things, I discovered that the solenoid and the key switch are junk. I believe I am going to put the 2 solenoid , new key switch in place. Hopefully this solves the problem.
Toomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 12:25 PM   #3
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Good. Make sure you get a "continuous duty" solenoid, ie. one that meant to have current flowing through at all times while the motor is running. Some are only built to have current running through them during starting only. Those ones burn out quick on these carts.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 11:04 PM   #4
PopsDream
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

I see this thread is old but Toomany could you show some pics of how this conversion looks? I have an 82 harley and was considering the same idea.
PopsDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 06:54 AM   #5
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Toomany made 2 comments in this forum 2 years ago... Its pretty unlikely they will respond. the soleniod should wire up the same as the original it just looks different
augiedoggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 08:12 AM   #6
Lochlin
Gone Wild

No pics but here's a diagram that shows how it's done:

https://www.vintagegolfcartparts.com...042_Switch.pdf
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson