Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts
Golf Carts and Parts *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2017, 06:43 PM   #1
BigInchCC
Not Yet Wild

Default 1982 Yamaha G1A3 (J17) 2 stroke engine

Up for sale I have a 1982 Yamaha G1A3 (J17) 2 stroke engine. I have had this cart for about 3 months. I bought it to use the transmission and axle assembly for another project. I never intended to use the motor but messed with it and got it to run (sort of).

- The positives are that it has a strong spark and the compression reading is 120psi. which is great for a low compression engine per the G1A3 designation. It's not beat up, nothing is broken and I see no stains from leaks.

- The negatives are that when I say I got it running it was only by force feeding it fuel through the air cleaner end of the carburetor. I took the carb apart and the float/needle & seat works and has no sign of any blocked air or emulsion passages. The fuel pump seems to be working because there was fuel in the bowl. Bottom line is that I believe it needs a new carb installed.

Engine will be sold with the exhaust pipe and oil tank but without the primary clutch drive and starter generator, those will stay with me. Not going to part it out!

It is not my intent to sell something that does not work as it should so I am explaining it advance. I can post a video of it running as explained above if needed, just let me know.

selling for $400.00 with the exhaust and oil tank - buyer pays the shipping from 29072 Lexington SC., I will help with delivery within 50 miles or so.

Thanks for looking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0737.jpg (191.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0738.jpg (195.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0739.jpg (197.7 KB, 0 views)
BigInchCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts