lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2017, 07:31 PM   #1
bmr4106
Not Yet Wild

Default DCS controller reliability-New Alltrax vs. old Curtis

Over several 1996 DCS carts, my faith in the OEM Curtis controller is shaken. I am presently fighting a problem with a Curtis controller that has been repaired three times during the last six months. I've gone over the wiring, ITS, solenoid and resistor chip repeatedly and cannot isolate what is causing these failures. I know the DCS controller is very sensitive to low voltage(I just put six new Trojans in the cart). I was wondering if the new 400 amp Alltrax controller is any more rugged?
Anyone have any practical experience?
bmr4106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2017, 07:38 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: DCS controller reliability-New Alltrax vs. old Curtis

Yes ! yes. yes. The new XCT controller is light years ahead of the OEM control.
GO here and quickly read 10 reasons the Alltrax is better > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/about-...ntrollers.html
Just like your cell phone - speed controls have evolved a lot in the last 21 years

The bottom line is you cannot hurt the Alltrax XCT with low voltage... I can't say the same for your motor though so you still want to be aware. Not aware? No worries the XCT has a programmable low voltage cut off. That's one thing the OEM Curtis didn't have. It will also increase your performance and speed to the point you can't wipe the grin off your face. I believe the lowest price for controller, mount & solenoid is here > cartsunlimited.net
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:46 AM   #3
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Yes ! yes. yes. The new XCT controller is light years ahead of the OEM control.
GO here and quickly read 10 reasons the Alltrax is better > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/about-...ntrollers.html
Just like your cell phone - speed controls have evolved a lot in the last 21 years

The bottom line is you cannot hurt the Alltrax XCT with low voltage... I can't say the same for your motor though so you still want to be aware. Not aware? No worries the XCT has a programmable low voltage cut off. That's one thing the OEM Curtis didn't have. It will also increase your performance and speed to the point you can't wipe the grin off your face. I believe the lowest price for controller, mount & solenoid is here > cartsunlimited.net
I concur! I would pay twice as much for an Alltrax over a OEM Curtis control, but fortunately enough for me it's the other way around!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:21 PM   #4
bmr4106
Not Yet Wild

We'll see, just ordered an upgradekit from ScottyB
bmr4106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 04:09 PM   #5
jwhranger
Gone Wild

Just did this on a DCS cart and it is awesome, so much power. And you don't have to worry about frying it if the batteries run too low.
jwhranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:30 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhranger View Post
Just did this on a DCS cart and it is awesome, so much power. And you don't have to worry about frying it if the batteries run too low.
Bingo - We have a winner This Alltrax XCT is everything they said it would be. You will wonder why you ever let anybody talk you into repairing an old Curtis.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO