lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2019, 06:05 AM   #1
350jeepcj5
Not Yet Wild

Default 32mph plus stability

hello all, 99 EZGO TXT with 13hp predator swap.

So I am getting the cart dialed in but am having trouble keeping the cart in one lane at any speed above 25mph. It seems like when the suspension flexes the steering wants to wander left to right, then it just starts whipping back and forth. I have installed all new tie rod ends, king pins, bushings, and i also installed the large bushing for the steering "arm" i think what i am dealing with here is just poor engineering. when the suspension flexes it either toes the cart in or out, by design. has anyone modified their steering so that it has a standard "tie rod" and drag link setup? or if anyone else has any ideas, i would be open to those also.
350jeepcj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2019, 07:08 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 32mph plus stability

Is the cart lifted? What size tires?

I'd watch this... http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gener...h-testing.html

I'm personally not in the "I want to go fast" club. ~18mph is plenty for me. I've had carts that do 30mph and honestly it was just scary at those speeds. You have to keep in mind, it was designed to carry 2 people and golf clubs for a couple hundred yards at a time, max at 12mph. Sure you can get them to go very fast but you have to be much more concerned about how suspension is set up. Dampening, spring rate, alignment, toe, etc. And you also have to take brakes into consideration...

It can be done and many here have very fast carts, but wed need a lot more information about your machine before anybody could offer any useable advice.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 01:23 PM   #3
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 32mph plus stability

What kind of lift do you have on it?
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO