lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2009, 09:15 AM   #1
damndummy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Roll cage question

Hey everyone, I latest project is a roll cage for my G22. I got this link from a guy at a fabrication forum for EZ GO roll cages. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/rvs/1235647995.html
The price is right and my question is how much difference between mount on an EZ GO and Yamaha. How much fab work would I have to do? Is this worth it or should I just bend one up myself. OR does someone know a good sourse to get a roll cage. Thanks
damndummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2009, 09:18 AM   #2
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Default Re: Roll cage question

they look more like light bars the "roll cages".i would search the forum for "roll cages" and see the many threads explaining them.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:03 AM   #3
damndummy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

dock98, I took your advice and read up on cages. I would rather build one myself and know its limitations than rely on one from who knows where. I've been welding for 12 years and spent 4 years in school for welding. I've done roll cages on drag cars but never a golf cart. Your advice helped thanks. Whats the deal with your roll cage? Is it for looks or have you tied it into the frame. I'm curious where they are tied in. Thanks
Old 06-25-2009, 10:13 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A true roll cage will bolt to the frame with grade 8 type bolts .... you need to look hard at your frame and see what is possible? Please post pics and share your build with us!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:28 AM   #5
damndummy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I guess its time to shed the rear seat and body and get a design going. I would be willing to bet the frame could be strengthen and stiffened. I will definatly be connecting directly to frame and definatly posting pictures for you guys.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:59 PM   #6
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

are you looking for roll over protection or some thing cool with a backs seat ???? what do you do with this cart???
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:14 PM   #7
damndummy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Wicked Carts, I'm looking for protection. I already have the rear seat. The cart is for the desert. In hind sight I should have done long travel front, but I have the spindle lift for now. Then I go to the Wicked Carts website and I get depressed. Your stuff is great. Looking at your photo galleries gave me ideas when I got my cart and yesterday I was looking at your roll cages. Today I a thread you posted in about roll cages not truly roll over protection. Thats when I realized I need a plan on where to connect to frame.
Are your cages roll over protection? I like your design with the rear seat. I do plan on long travel to make it better offroad, so roll over protection and safety harness is something I need to do. Any advice or info would be much appreciated.
Off the topic: does Wicked Carts sell disc brake conversions?
Old 06-25-2009, 06:25 PM   #8
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

a real roll cage should be fully welded to the frame not bolted....
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:02 PM   #9
doolin
Gone Broke

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundpounder View Post
a real roll cage should be fully welded to the frame not bolted....
Maybe someone should tell all these UTV makers this. (Yamaha, Polaris,Honda,etc.)
doolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha