lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #31
Jul
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: So your Yami won't turn over

Hi Im new here and great posts. I have a 2001 Yamaha G16A Gas as seen below. Change the battery twice both brand new and ran for about a week. Charged them both and now the cart just clicks. I removed and checked the key switch or ignition, good. I removed the floor panels to look check and follow the wires, good. Battery terminals and contact, good. I used a wire and connected the big post of the solenoid together and the engine turned over and started. When i removed the wire, the cart just keeps on clicking. The fuses are good as well. Click click click thats it. Im thinking of getting a new battery again. Help! Thanks.
Jul is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #32
chubrockholmes
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

My starter gen is working properly it just spins on the belt it I was riding last night and stopped and now it just spins like it can't grab the belt. What is wrong?

Sent from my Titanium using Tapatalk 2
chubrockholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #33
bigbrandon
Not Yet Wild

Hi all new to the forum, question got a gas yamaha i picked up from a buddy he said its works sometimes and sometimes it dont, when i push down gas pedal i hear the click but it dont move if i take a hammer and tap what looks like a starter/generator under passanger seat it makes the motor run and drive once you stop it repeats again and I have to tap it wit hammer any ideas or help on this would help me out, thanks
bigbrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #34
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrandon View Post
Hi all new to the forum, question got a gas yamaha i picked up from a buddy he said its works sometimes and sometimes it dont, when i push down gas pedal i hear the click but it dont move if i take a hammer and tap what looks like a starter/generator under passanger seat it makes the motor run and drive once you stop it repeats again and I have to tap it wit hammer any ideas or help on this would help me out, thanks
Sounds like time for new starter generator brushs to me.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #35
AGrayson84
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Hey guys, so sorry I have to make a post in here but I tried reading the first post of this thread and I'm a little unsure-- probably because I'm sleepy (lol)-- but I want to get a part ordered ASAP if I need something.

So I wired up some accessories on my G16 by using a separate 10 ga. wire to a relay signaled by the ignition switch. I had a short on one of my lights I installed and it blew the fuse near the solenoid. I removed the 10-amp fuse, and only had a 15-amp fuse to replace temporarily (wasn't near any stores for the weekend). I rode around and put probably around 10 miles on the car last night and everything seemed fine until the last few miles of riding. It started acting up a tad-- the starter wasn't turning over immediately after hearing the solenoid click anymore... it would take a second or so for the starter to kick the engine over but it would eventually get it going after a few seconds. This morning I went to take the cart for a ride and the solenoid would click but now nothing from the starter.

I had power coming to one side of the solenoid directly from the battery, and when pressing the gas pedal the small red wire would get power, but the bigger wire going from the solenoid to the starter was not getting power. I cleaned all 4 wire terminals and posts on the solenoid but no dice. I then jumped the two big leads on the solenoid and the starter kicks over with no problem. I removed the jumper wire and then jumped the ground post on the solenoid to a good ground (on the battery post) to make sure there wasn't a ground issue but I was back to no starter action.

Now what's weird to me is that I hear the solenoid click, but no power going to the other big wire that runs to the starter. Now considering that I was running a 15-amp fuse instead of a 10, I'm wondering if I did some damage elsewhere since I can hear the solenoid click. But since the small red wire is getting power with the gas pedal down I'm sure I can narrow it down to the solenoid but some confirmation would be great. Any help would be really appreciated!!!!!

Thanks,
Andrew
AGrayson84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #36
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGrayson84 View Post
Hey guys, so sorry I have to make a post in here but I tried reading the first post of this thread and I'm a little unsure-- probably because I'm sleepy (lol)-- but I want to get a part ordered ASAP if I need something.

So I wired up some accessories on my G16 by using a separate 10 ga. wire to a relay signaled by the ignition switch. I had a short on one of my lights I installed and it blew the fuse near the solenoid. I removed the 10-amp fuse, and only had a 15-amp fuse to replace temporarily (wasn't near any stores for the weekend). I rode around and put probably around 10 miles on the car last night and everything seemed fine until the last few miles of riding. It started acting up a tad-- the starter wasn't turning over immediately after hearing the solenoid click anymore... it would take a second or so for the starter to kick the engine over but it would eventually get it going after a few seconds. This morning I went to take the cart for a ride and the solenoid would click but now nothing from the starter.

I had power coming to one side of the solenoid directly from the battery, and when pressing the gas pedal the small red wire would get power, but the bigger wire going from the solenoid to the starter was not getting power. I cleaned all 4 wire terminals and posts on the solenoid but no dice. I then jumped the two big leads on the solenoid and the starter kicks over with no problem. I removed the jumper wire and then jumped the ground post on the solenoid to a good ground (on the battery post) to make sure there wasn't a ground issue but I was back to no starter action.

Now what's weird to me is that I hear the solenoid click, but no power going to the other big wire that runs to the starter. Now considering that I was running a 15-amp fuse instead of a 10, I'm wondering if I did some damage elsewhere since I can hear the solenoid click. But since the small red wire is getting power with the gas pedal down I'm sure I can narrow it down to the solenoid but some confirmation would be great. Any help would be really appreciated!!!!!

Thanks,
Andrew
If you have ground (12 volts negative) at the solenoid small black wire and (12 volts positive) at the solenoid small red/white wire when pushing on the accelerator and you hear a "click", but no power thru the large solenoid posts....time for a new solenoid. Remember it must be a continuis duty solenoid, not an automotive type.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #37
AGrayson84
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
If you have ground (12 volts negative) at the solenoid small black wire and (12 volts positive) at the solenoid small red/white wire when pushing on the accelerator and you hear a "click", but no power thru the large solenoid posts....time for a new solenoid. Remember it must be a continuis duty solenoid, not an automotive type.
Thanks so much for the response smallblock. I was pretty certain that was the case, but I had some sort of hunch that if the solenoid was licking that it wasn't what was the issue. Gonna order a model-specific one from one of the online cart stores. Hopefully one of the sponsors have it :) Thanks again!
AGrayson84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #38
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Good to Know
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #39
gmike
Not Yet Wild

Default g16 drives bad

I have a g16 with 4in left and 22in tires. It drives bad at high speeds. Will new front shocks help?
gmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #40
g1uncman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ok, so last week I purchased a later model g1, I know this bc it has the relay on the back of the passanger wheel hub. The solenoids have wires on front and back. Here is the problem, I have power running from my ignition switch, start stop switch ect, and through the solenoids. Starter turners over when jumped with a starter switch, but I still (with the throttle pushed in) and ignition turned to forward or reverse have no spark. I am getting power to my ignition coil but no spark at all when taken out or put in. I checked the cdi and all the components, with a test power wire (the one you connect to battery and get a light to glow) and had power on all the wires from ignition and cdi, ect.... The only one was the relay switch at the back, I would get a light on the top two and NOTHING at all on the bottom two holes coming off of the connector. Could this be the problem or what???? I WANT THIS CART RUNNING!!!! I also for 50 got a spare g1 in someones yard for 50 bucks to get parts off of! I got the body motor, everything!!!! When we jump the starter with the jumper cables and spark plug in the starter has a hard time spinning bc of compression, but when the spark plug is taken out she spins like no other and the engine sounds great, just we cannot get a spark, we have check all fuses also, (2). PLEASEEEE someone get back to me asap! I am off work today and hoping to get this bad boy running!!!!!
g1uncman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha