lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #51
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Bokes's g9

Finally had a minute to find your thread (my bad!). Looking good, the alum is very nice. I wonder if I could make a box from it? My dump box is 30x40 and I used 2x8 cedar sides. Its nice but one day I took the box off and it was heavier than I thought. Since I built the frame I knew it was light (just 1x1 tube and alum sheet), so thinking of making alum sides to go on it 6-8" high. Has to be the wood is heavy. Those pieces you are making look really sweet, great idea.

I just put a umax spring on my cart and all new secondary with a cut sheave. It seems to work really well though only a few minutes on it. It shifts lower now (the old one was really worn). So going to drill the clutch weights (of the primary that is also worn bad and slated for replacement soon) to get rpm up a little on the clone. Running very good with new springs and 1.3 rockers, just hope it is not related to your engine. Anyway I will review the umax spring once I get it working right and get some ride time on it. Only was able to tool around one day here and there, had to work this weekend. It seems to have more rpm at low speeds then around 10mph it will shift out sort of like stock, is set to B-2 right now. I might set it looser as we roll at steady 10-20mph a lot and rather the rpm settle down more. Its not bad though, and the clone does not dig WOT until higher rpm, at least mine does not make the power until around 4-4.5k seems to be max maybe more now it pulls past 5k like nothing. I forgot to put the tach wire on before I installed the dump box, bad idea.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #52
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Made a bottom for the bagwell.

Next on the list is some glove box doors.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #53
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

nice all my alum will be satin black powder coat someday and the cart satin olive drab..
i keep trying to talk myself out of it as the black will always show dust and dirt bad,but screw it,it will look good..haha

is it hot as he!! up that way like it is here?
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #54
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Hey boke, you seen my toolbox ?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #55
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

It's real humid up here Sassy due to all the rain we've been getting. It's usually about 85 this time of year, but in the dogdays it can get close to 100. My cart is gonna be yellow with some old school YZ stripes and all the pieces I've been making will be covered in bedliner.

That was your toolbox Kris? Ooops.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #56
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

just to let you no..i painted the top of my roof with black bedliner from advance auto for like 8-10 bucks a can iirc..it does come off with tree limbs lol.
reason im mentioning this is today i need a piece of alum and had none,but found a piece i used to lay the roof on when i painted it,,and the alum had overspray from the bedliner stuff.
well,the alum was even dirty,but i can not possibly scrape that bedliner off the alum..i really can not belive it stuck to it so good..it honestly feels tough like powder coating..its not coming off easy thats for sure.
now im thinking this is easyer for me than powdercoating since i see its solid as a rock
now i just have to remember it..temp memory loss seems to be every time i see that commercial,, daily
Old 06-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #57
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Good info, I'll check Advance for that bedliner.

Yeah, short term memory loss is a bitch. I forget shi7 all the time.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #58
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

Falling on your head didn't help matters either boke!

What are you using to cut your diamond plate with? Those are some smooth lines buddy!
stuff4mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #59
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Thanks Jim, I'm cutting the pieces big with a skil saw and then tracing my templates on the piece and cutting it out with a jig saw.

I got a template made for the passenger side glove box already and will start on the drivers side after this beer break.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #60
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

take your time,beer = more important,and spells jeep upside down
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha