lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2014, 05:30 PM   #1
Mike D
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Steering Column Confusion-G16

Can anyone tell me the length of the steering column cover on a G16 from the bottom of the steering wheel to the boot near the dash. My stock one is 15 inches long. I ordered a chrome one, and it is 26 1/2 inches long. I called the company, and was told that I must have an older cart because of the stock steering column length. of course, I don't have the cart serial number with me, but the dash appears to be stock. I have been ordering G16 parts for the cart, and theyve been fitting fine. Unfortunately, I won't be home until tomorrow night, and this is driving me nuts. Any help is always appreciated.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2014, 06:50 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Steering Column Confusion-G16

The chrome tube cover should slide thru the rubber boot all the way to the aluminum steering box. May want to wrap the stock steering colum a few times with electrical tape to keep it from rattling.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:41 PM   #3
Mike D
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Awesome! thanks for the response. I called the company and they didn't offer that information. I'll either do the tape wrap, or I may have some thin cushion foam that I may be able to insert into the cover.I'll try it when I get home tomorrow. Thanks again.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:07 PM   #4
cary
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I wanted to make sure that the stainless steel cover completely covered the column. I called Jake's and was told most columns are the same diameter just different lengths. I ordered the longest one I could find. It was listed for the G14-G21and 26 1/2" long. I preferred to cut to length rather than taking a chance it might be to short. Jake's also said the sports shifter was listed for the G14-G22 and would usually work on the G8 but sometime required a little persuading of the splined arm.
cary is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha