lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2015, 08:29 PM   #1
Dukes001
Not Yet Wild

Default Alarm/kill switch installation

Hi all.

I bought a 12v universal alarm that will cut power from my keys switch on my 48v DS. Has anyone installed one of these before? I have instructions but they are universal. The seller said it would work as long as I would connect to 12 volts. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Dukes001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2015, 09:42 PM   #2
physcoflip
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Alarm/kill switch installation

are you wiring to a single battery or a reducer? If you search for some of the light wiring posts it can show you how to do the battery side. You should be able to find another post on the ignition wiring because a few months back a guy was working on wiring in a safety for his grand children who like to climb on his cart. Think it was Crash test dummy who was helping him maybe he will chime in. May want to post a pic of instructions because that would help.
physcoflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:18 AM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

How you wire will depend exactly on how the unit you bought works, is it really an alarm that needs constant power, can you post a link?

Typically You would have a 48v-12v converter wired directly to the battery pack.

The "trigger" wire of the converter would be wired to the cold side of the key switch.

The "Blue" wire that goes from the cold side of the key switch to the rest of the system (MCOR, controller, OBC), would then be wired in series with the NO (Normally Open) contacts of a 48v relay.

The idea is that when You turn the Key Switch ON, Your converter gets power so 12v accessories like Radio, lights, etc work, but if anyone tries to drive the cart, It will not work since there is no 48v going to the MCOR and controller.

You can then use a key fob/remote door lock, a plain small momentary push button, or in my case I use a hidden reed switch that I need to place a magnet within a few inches to active the 48v relay and power the rest of the system. You need to place a diode (anode side) from the cold side of the relay NO to the positive side of the coil so it acts as a self-latching relay.

The 48v relay only uses about 20ma to operate the coil, so You have lots of options on how to activate.

When You turn the key switch OFF, the 48v relay disengages and the system resets itself.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 11:10 PM   #4
Dukes001
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replys. I would be connecting it to my 12v battery I will be using for accessorys. I attached the diagram it came with for universal 12v systems.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (156.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-08-2015, 10:40 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That is definitely an alarming wiring diagram.

Perhaps we can get some more clues of the original Chinese intent by looking at the functional definition page that is partially seen.

Assuming that the Pink and Gray wires from that "Alarming Apparatus" are Normally Open dry relay contacts, You can use them to turn a 48v relay ON/OFF.

You can buy an T9AP1D52-48 relay and run the Blue wire off the cold side of the key switch in series with the NO contacts of the relay.

The relay coil would then be connected to the cold side of the key switch (+48v) as well, the other side of the relay coil would go to the Pink wire in Your device. The Gray wire would be connected to pack negative.

If You can, post the functional definition page, It is unclear to me what the Blue wire "Starting Line" is supposed to do.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:28 AM   #6
Dukes001
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Sergio. I attached it. I feel that a relay would be the best thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (217.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-08-2015, 12:42 PM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would guess the Blue wire is used for the remote starting, so You don't need it.

Adding a 48v relay will work as long as the Alarm Pink and Gray wires are Normally Closed when the Alarm is disabled.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:44 PM   #8
Dukes001
Not Yet Wild

Thanks so much!!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car