lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2015, 08:23 PM   #11
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Motor recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
Is Scotty's package proving to harder or easier to install than you thought in would be?.
Been busy taking things out and haven't started putting anything in yet so I don't know. What I will say is I hate reading directions and prefer the visual approach. I did see Gwagons project (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...has-begun.html) that had photos showing placement of the mechanical to potentiometer which I figure I may refer to. The motor issue was something I didn't plan on dealing with now but the way the terminal was heated, it probably would have caused a problem anyway.

I need to take the motor off. I took out 3 small bolts around the top and a 1/2 bolt at the bottom. Is that all that needs to be removed prior to removing the motor? What's the trick to getting the motor off?
klanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2015, 10:13 PM   #12
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Welcome to the "My &@#% Motor Won't Come Off" club.

CC motor armatures like to rust to the input shatf of the rear end, pull hard enough and you'll slide the outer part of the motor right off the armature. (Not a big deal, just time consuming to put back together since the brushes spring inward when the armature comes out, preventing simple reverse installation of the armature.)

Here's the best way I've found to do it.

First, remove the rear end from the cart.
Second, take off the wheels and tires and bolt the passenger side brake drum on backwards to protect the studs.
Third, stand the rear end up on the passenger side, the armature should be hanging down - apply either heat or mass quantities of PB Blaster (or both if youre careful) to the shaft where the armature meets it.
Fourth, pick it up about a foot and let it slam down - after a few blows the armature should fall off. (Keep trying if not, it took me a little bit) Have something soft or someone ready to catch it.

This is info from TahoeDawgZ71, and this method has worked for me more than once.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:27 AM   #13
old_dog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epb View Post
So does plumquick replace a broken lug as part of the deal? I repaired mine with shade tree mechanics and it works but been pondering the bandit.
You talking about something like this picture in post #23 of this thread?
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...run-all-3.html

That was mine, and the total cost was $225 plus shipping. They quoted me an additional $30 over the phone, but ended up not charging it. Regardless, it would have been WELL worth it IMHO
old_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:22 AM   #14
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

Don't know if anyone will see this before I get the armature loose, but where do I apply the lubricant and heat? See photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stuck_armature.jpg (84.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-16-2015, 02:49 PM   #15
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

Decided the heat needed to be applied on end closest to seal. Did 3 times but not over about 45sec. Didn't want to damage seal. Dropped 100 times, still stuck!
Old 05-16-2015, 03:14 PM   #16
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_dog View Post
You talking about something like this picture in post #23 of this thread?
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...run-all-3.html

That was mine, and the total cost was $225 plus shipping. They quoted me an additional $30 over the phone, but ended up not charging it. Regardless, it would have been WELL worth it IMHO
Yes i was. I am going to send it to plumquick in the future. It works for now.
Thanks.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 03:16 PM   #17
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Did you use the PB Blaster? or equivalent.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 03:28 PM   #18
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
Did you use the PB Blaster? or equivalent.

No, wd40. Triflow, and another non flammable penetrate. If the pb blaster will work I can get some tomorrow. Been pondering if there was some sort of puller I could use.
Old 05-16-2015, 03:41 PM   #19
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

WD40 is not a lubricant. I used it on a large bolt one time and it seized it tight. I had to get a 2 foot long wrench to turn it again. Your not doing anything to cushion the blow are you?
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 04:01 PM   #20
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
Your not doing anything to cushion the blow are you?
No, was using a 6"x 6", then switched to a 2x6 thinking it may absorb less shock. It's becoming wood chips now. Standing on paint cans to get a little height. Probably not going to try much more today until I get the PB Blaster. This has been incredible trying to get it off. Just making sure, there isn't a clip or something that locks it on?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg woodchips.jpg (149.6 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car