lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 02:51 PM   #11
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: Project Deception 1992 CC DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by klanel View Post
Not that I have a clue, but I noticed the additional railing that the controller is mounted to is not welded but bolted. But the hole locations look uniform. Would the factory bolt on a rail?
They would, and did. His setup is just identical to my 93 controller carts.
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2015, 08:14 PM   #12
Blitzkrieg
Getting Wild
Club Car

Location: Hell, Fl. Sucking the life out of old geezers, one drop of sweat at a time !

I'm told it is a 92 controller by my local CC dealer ,built in the 41st week of 92, the serial #A9241 306778. It did have tan gloveboxs at one time. I can see it behind the black paint a previous owner must have done.Does tan paint mean something to you sleuths? So you think she might be a prototype? As far as i know i am the 3rd owner and it was factory stock when i bought her.I put 8" mag wheels on after i bought it.The previous owner was a friend who stored it inside, so it was well taken care of ,,,,until my daughter and her friend beat it like a rented mule. It has been outside since i we got it in 2006 but after the resto i'll make room in my ac'd shop for it. No more Fl. monsoons for her! Installed the front end parts of my Jakes 6" kit this morning. I'll post pics here shortly. The suspension bolts all had to be cut off,,sh!ts rusted solid as if welded All new hardware will be stainless steel. I must say that for the most part this cart is in pretty good shape. Once all the dirt was wiped away, it looked good. Any advice or insight from you all is greatly appreciated and welcomed. OK , now she is a 92 right ? Stay Tuned, Same Bat Time Same Bat Channel
Old 05-20-2015, 08:22 PM   #13
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

It's a late model 92 then. First I've ever seen with the factory controller, very cool!

The tan glove boxes, dash, and seat backs were used pre-93, but usually in conjunction with the fiberglass body and 3 spoke wheel. What makes yours unique is the blending of parts - tan plastic with the post-93 style body and wheel, yet the pre-93 bumpers. Either someone has put newer parts on over the years (highly unlikely given what I have seen in the pics) or it is a hybrid because of the split model year in 92/93. My money is on that, which makes it a really cool cart!
Old 05-20-2015, 08:47 PM   #14
Blitzkrieg
Getting Wild
Club Car

Location: Hell, Fl. Sucking the life out of old geezers, one drop of sweat at a time !

Update: Installed the front lift kit stuff. Put in new urethane bushings and sleeves everywhere with stainless hardware. Installed 2 new steering bellows,2 front shocks ,3 tie rod ends.Cleaned and greased the steering mechanism and its smooth as butter now. Tweaked the front end align angles. Have new complete hubs on deck waiting for installation. Jumped to the back as i knew the rear leaf spring bolts were going to give me hell and they did. Tried heat and PB Blaster and then said fock it, gimme my cut off wheels On with the pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG458.jpg (169.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG459.jpg (151.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG460.jpg (140.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG461.jpg (151.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG462.jpg (129.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-20-2015, 08:53 PM   #15
Blitzkrieg
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
It's a late model 92 then. First I've ever seen with the factory controller, very cool!

The tan glove boxes, dash, and seat backs were used pre-93, but usually in conjunction with the fiberglass body and 3 spoke wheel. What makes yours unique is the blending of parts - tan plastic with the post-93 style body and wheel, yet the pre-93 bumpers. Either someone has put newer parts on over the years (highly unlikely given what I have seen in the pics) or it is a hybrid because of the split model year in 92/93. My money is on that, which makes it a really cool cart!
It had a fiberglass body, its outside my shop headed for the trash dump. I think your right , a 92-93 factory hybrid of sorts. I know the friend i bought it from did no upgrades to it in the time he had it and he bought from a guy older than god so yeah i think your right broThanks for your insight dude. I have a rare cart woo hoo, gimme a beer Blitz were headed to Barret Jackson to become millionaires!! Glad i have you know it alls. I know C5 Corvettes but not golf carts I guess she won't be rare after i'm done modding her huh ? Goodbye city life, Green Acres we are there......
Old 05-20-2015, 09:11 PM   #16
Blitzkrieg
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by klanel View Post
Enjoying seeing the progress. You have the same year/model cart as me but my work has stopped until I can get a new motor and rear end assembly. I ended up destroying my differential trying to get the armature off. Decided it was going to come off or else. Ended up with else. Been practicing welding aluminum with a mig again to repair a couple of items Should have my new Bandit and rear end by next week and get back on my reno.
Good luck dude, I saw your thread and you have your work cut out for you
Old 05-21-2015, 11:36 AM   #17
Blitzkrieg
Getting Wild
Club Car

Alright guys i have a Burgundy Metallic Double Take Plastic body set ordered and am debating on 10 or 12 inch wheels with all terrain tires on them. I see that either way i end up with a 22 or 23 inch tall tire. The 12" tires just look to have a smaller side wall height which i like. But i would like to hear all of you guys recommendations, 10" or 12" wheels, polished or chrome ? Had machine finish wheels before so i want to upgrade in this dept. I want all terrain tires, that is a must. I need ideas, thanks to those who take the time to reply. I see theres alot of viewers on this forum but few who reply. Its you guys specifically who make this particular forum a knowledge treasure chest and without you its worthless. Thanks again. Mark
Old 05-21-2015, 01:32 PM   #18
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Well, with 10" wheels there is more sidewall in any given tire than with 12" wheels. This provides a little bit better ride quality because it allows slightly more sidewall deflection. 12" wheels, however, look really good. For "ultimate cushiness" the 10" is the way to go (or 8" really if you want "super ultimate deluxe cushiness"). If you're OK with sacrificing a slight amount of ride for looks, 12" is the way to go. As for polish or chrome, that's mostly personal preference, I'm going for a machined/black combo when I get real wheels for mine.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:51 PM   #19
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

My friend had chrome 12's in Arizona (with paved cart paths/curbs). After a couple years the chrome started to chip-off near the lower edge of the rims (front tires only). He thinks its because the curbs and thin sidewalls caused flexing of the rims & chrome chipping. He didn't bang the rims or anything on the curbs - he's not like that. He just changed to 10" polished.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:18 PM   #20
alwhite00
Gone Wild
Club Car

I went with polished 12" with 23" tires - I like the look. I like polished wheels as you can always make them look good again - Any chrome/painted wheel.....not so much.

Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car