lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2015, 12:45 PM   #1
Quizzy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default MadJax Torque 600 Controller Install

So this morning I decided to install the new Madjax torque 600 amp controller.

This is being installed on a 2008 Precedent that had a black Curtis stock Controller.

Installation was very straight forward.

First start with the obvious stuff. Disconnect the main Positive and Negative pack cables and put your cart into tow mode.

Next remove the the black electronics control cover that is between the batteries. I know this will be different for the folks with a newer Precedent. Next take a picture of the wiring on the stock controller for reference later.

Here is what mine looked like.

Next we will disconnect the wiring from the stock controller. I started by removing the Large harness plug, followed by the spade connected field wires. Using a 13mm socket you can remove the large wires that go to the motor.

Locate the solenoid and slide it up and out of the way to give you access to the 3 10mm bolts holding the stock controller to the heat sink.

After removing the three bolts position your new controller in the same location using the mounting holes provided. You can re attach with the stock bolts as well.

Hook your wires back up using the picture you referenced earlier and Voila! You've got yourself a new controller!!

Here is the finished pic of mine!

If you notice the main harness is not plugged directly into this controller. The harness now plugs into a model specific harness that you will need to order when you order your controller.

Also there is a small white plug with 4 wires on it. This plugged into the old controller but there is no where for it to plug into the new one. If anyone know where this plugs in please let me know.

Also the OTF or On the fly programmer also will plug into the new controller as well.

I havent routed my OTF programmer yet but it will easily make it under the floor mat in the the wire troughs.

The OTF is a very cool piece allowing you to literally "turn up" your speed, acceleration and regain braking. The region feature is really cool as it will allow you to use it as an engine brake to slow you down steep grades. Another great feature is the lockout feature. If you don't want your kids or a friend demolishing your cart you can lock id down all the way to 8 mph. Very cool.

This was a relatively easy install with no major hiccups.

On a side note. After installing I can't get my cart to charge. I've reset the OBC and when you plug the charger in you hear it kick on but it the amps never kick up on it. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks.
Quizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2015, 01:10 PM   #2
Ohc123
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: MadJax Torque 600 Controller Install

The small white plug with four wires on it Is for the stock Curtis controller and is not used for the Madjax controller. It was for the curtis hand programmer. Thanks for the pics! Also I see u have a standard solenoid in your cart if I am correct. You should update your solenoid to a 400amp heavy duty to get maximum results.
Please keep us updated with your test run today. I hope it works well, im going to purchase the same setup.
Ohc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 06:50 PM   #3
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

On the charger issue. The black wire from the charger plug is tied to the B- on the controller. It uses a quick disconnect type connector. Make sure it didn't come loose. And don't forget the obvious. Make use the small red is connected on the #1 Battery.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:54 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

My guess is the red wire from charger receptacle to battery #1 as well.

By the way, the negative from the charger receptacle does not go to the B-, it goes into the OBC.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 05:15 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sorry, just noticed you said the charger relay is clicking, so that means the positive wire is connected to the pack.

The negative wire from the receptacle to the OBC is the one disconnected.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:06 AM   #6
Quizzy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Sorry, just noticed you said the charger relay is clicking, so that means the positive wire is connected to the pack.

The negative wire from the receptacle to the OBC is the one disconnected.
Yeah I got the red wire to the charger port attached to the battery. The main neg is going through the OBC just fine. I'll double check the black/gray wire tonight.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:14 AM   #7
Quizzy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohc123 View Post
Also I see u have a standard solenoid in your cart if I am correct. You should update your solenoid to a 400amp heavy duty to get maximum results.
I just ordered a Scotty B Super Solenoid! I'll get that installed later this week. Im running out of room in the electronics area to keep all this stuff. Any body ever relocated all this stuff?
Old 06-01-2015, 11:24 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Shipped -
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:24 AM   #9
Quizzy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

And a quick shout out to Scotty B! I ordered my solenoid and in 5 minutes it was shipped! Talk about fast service!!!
Old 06-01-2015, 11:30 AM   #10
Ohc123
Getting Wild

Club Car

Great Upgrade! You will have the maximum torque with that solenoid
Ohc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car