lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2015, 08:25 PM   #21
stang99x
Gone Wild

Default Re: Battery EXPLODED

John
There are different versions of the 8 volt battery. Make sure you know the differences before shelling out the cash.....you want the red top or blue top, not the black top. And you can beat him down on that price, I know roughly what he's paying and he's making a tidy profit at that price (unless you are talking installed). And your cores are worth $150 (well $125 considering the one that went boom)
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2015, 03:15 AM   #22
Qman97
Getting Wild

Default Re: Battery EXPLODED

So I bit the bullet and put in new batteries this weekend.......

I have a friend of a friend that got me a deal on a set of chain store brand batteries. No cores or core charge and I can pick the 6 I want off the shelf. I grabbed the 6 closest in date and installed them.

Now I know "you get what you pay for" but for the price he charged me I really couldn't say no. Plus I took the old ones back to a different store and got $30 store credit for the cores.

The batteries went in fine, took about 12-14 hours for the charger to shut off on the first charge, checked the water levels, and went for a short run around the park. Cart ran great, I kept things at 1/2 throttle and put it back on the charger until it shut off a second time.

The batteries I got are rated the exact same as the ones I had in the cart, hopefully these won't explode like the one did!

John

**Thank You to ScottyB with Carts unlimited for the write up on new battery break-in!! In the process of and following it to the letter
Qman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car