lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2015, 11:22 AM   #21
crash test dummy

Default Re: digital meter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Barney View Post
You will be happy with it keyed on.... then no worries.
i agree but it sounds like he has a 3 wire meter

Red Wire: Power Supply +
Black Wire: Power Supply -, Measure -
Green/white/yellow Wire: Measure +
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2015, 03:58 PM   #22
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
i agree but it sounds like he has a 3 wire meter

Red Wire: Power Supply +
Black Wire: Power Supply -, Measure -
Green/white/yellow Wire: Measure +
The two that I ordered are two wired.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:22 PM   #23
crash test dummy

i get the 2 wire ones and connect through the key switch 99% of the time
i had a guy that wanted it on all the time ... i see his cat sitting on his cart looking at light (blue)every night
Old 06-19-2015, 05:25 PM   #24
DIRTPIT HC
Gone Wild

Club Car

As mentioned earlier mine is on all the time and i do go in the garage and see my cat laying on the seat of the cart. Always on the side by the meter.
DIRTPIT HC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:03 PM   #25
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yeah, cat's aren't that bright.
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:44 PM   #26
stang99x
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill In Georgia View Post
I just installed a "LED Battery Meter" ... on a 2007 DS..48v ... It's wired direct + & - from the battery (48v) and a spliced in wire on the Green wire of the Master On/Off switch. There also is a blue wire which I think is input to the switch...
However I do not like the meter to be indicating all the time so I guess I could put a SPST switch in on of the lines...But where do I get a switch that will handle 48V DC...???

Thanks

Bill
kc4pe@mindspring.com
Bill
You should find behind the dash a black ground wire that has a female spade connector and isn't hooked up to anything, and you can use as your ground. Then you can tap the the blue wire for ignition on on the ignition and it will only come on when the ignition is turned to the on position.
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:45 PM   #27
RamV
Getting Wild

I installed a digital meter first i didnt think it was very accurate. So i bought that round which shows you where your at all the time . Way better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RamV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 04:48 AM   #28
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

I've got the round analogue meters, but they don't give me enough information. I am installing digital in both our carts so that I can get an idea how the batteries are holding up. Sure, the analogue meters show the full charge on both in the white "charged" position, but my old series cart with new batteries goes down to the edge of the green when I floor it. The old batteries in my wife's regen cart stay more in the white area. Of course, I have big tires on the back of my old series cart and she has stock tires. But, after I drive my cart a while, I still show a high charge parked and she shows a lower charge. Her's shows a lower sitting charge than mine, even though it seems to be getting a bit better using a desulfator and a charging/maintainer. A digital meter should give me an idea of how far she can go on a charge. I know that my batteries that are only about a year old will give me a pretty decent distance.
So, I will probably try to wire mine up to the ignition. since I got them cheap, I imagine they are cheap Chinese meters, even though they advertise them filled with glue to make them shock and water proof.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:30 AM   #29
Bill In Georgia
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang99x View Post
Bill
You should find behind the dash a black ground wire that has a female spade connector and isn't hooked up to anything, and you can use as your ground. Then you can tap the the blue wire for ignition on on the ignition and it will only come on when the ignition is turned to the on position.
OK lets go back to square one..
I have 48v plus and minus running from the batteries to the meter and attached at the 48v pin and the minus pin. Then I have a tap off of the cart on/off switch the Green wire that goes to the C terminal ..so your telling me to use the other wire on the switch or the Blue wire and Not the green.....
The switch can be any 120VAC 10 amps or better...
Am I getting close.??

Bill
Bill In Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:40 AM   #30
stang99x
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill In Georgia View Post
OK lets go back to square one..
I have 48v plus and minus running from the batteries to the meter and attached at the 48v pin and the minus pin. Then I have a tap off of the cart on/off switch the Green wire that goes to the C terminal ..so your telling me to use the other wire on the switch or the Blue wire and Not the green.....
The switch can be any 120VAC 10 amps or better...
Am I getting close.??

Bill
No, I don't think we are on the same page. I was saying that if you have the two wire digital meter (one red, one black wire) that you can install it behind the dash using the wires there to get your volt reading from the ignition. The blue wire on the ignition is the +12V when ignition on wire. There is a black ground wire in the harness that is unused at the end where it has a female spade connector. You can use that wire for the ground and it will tell you exactly what voltage you are getting to the controller ignition +12v. This will make the meter on only when the ignition is on and you won't have to use a switch inline.

This is the meter: (Yes, the batteries in this cart were dead)

This is the meter installed in a Precedent dash, along with a 12V plug and dual USB port.

The wires hanging down is where I hadn't yet wired in the 12V port and usb plugs. I just set back into place to take a picture.
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car