lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2015, 07:30 PM   #11
MusicManRyan
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G22 Sluggish on top end

At one time, I began asking questions about bypassing the governor on my G22. I read somewhere that by doing so, one could mess up the air to fuel ratio which could cause the cart to sputter on the top end.

I digress to the more experienced techs in this thread. Could this be, at least partially, to blame here?
MusicManRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2015, 08:05 PM   #12
dbmachine
Gone Wild

The problem with bypassing the governor is that at high rpms the cart needs more fuel to mix with the air. By not having enough fuel the engine runs lean and can cause severe damage from the extreme heat. Plowmans carts makes a kit to insure this condition doesn't happen and that you can run high speeds and highe rpms without causing engine damage. Totally worth the mods.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:09 PM   #13
dbmachine
Gone Wild

I copied this straight from plowmans website:

We have made a performance kit for the G16-22 carts that are stock or lifted. When you crank the governor down or lift the cart your motor needs more fuel and air to run right and live. Our kit includes our high flow air filter with instructions on how to mod your air box properly, install jets and proper adjustments for your carb, and the proper clutching for your cart. This kit will give you huge power and speed gains through the hole band and more importantly it will live and make it a lot more fun to use around the house or farm. Then per instuctions you will call Don for proper valve train adjustments and a few other minor adjustments.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:48 AM   #14
BigLar368
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have driven the cart for about three years with the gov bypassed. First thing I did was put a new plug in and checked it a few times. It never showed a lean condition so I just kept driving it. I can do a compression check and leak down. Does anyone know what it should pump for compression PSI? Is there a grease fitting on the secondary or do you just put it on by hand? Thanks.
BigLar368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:02 AM   #15
dbmachine
Gone Wild

There is a grease fitting on the clutch . It's gonna be located on the side of the clutch closest to the rear end axle. 2 pumps should be all it needs.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:38 AM   #16
BigLar368
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks.....I will try that this afternoon.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:42 AM   #17
BigLar368
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Been busy with other projects and I have not looked for that grease fitting. I have not been driving it since I have not greased it yet but I had to use it yesterday in a pinch. Long story short I drove over a steep over pass and on the way down it picked up speed and maintained it all the way to the store. I noticed that on the way home it took off much better and I gained back the top end. The mid range is still sluggish and slow getting to full speed. I believe the grease may fix the issue. I just gotta get some time to fool with it. Will look tomorrow.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha