lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2015, 11:31 AM   #1
Marty Mechanic
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default How strong stock G 9 motor mounts?

Yeah Guys...putting the 420 into a G 9 and the stock motor mounts feel kinda weak and rubbery...but not torn.
Is this a worry? Do we build upon this wiggly foundation?
Tnx in advance...Marty Mechanic
Marty Mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2015, 02:23 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: How strong stock G 9 motor mounts?

They do wear out. I would say that a long lived G2/G9 probably would use 2 new sets of mounts during its lifetime. They get torn up quicker without the factory "limiting strap". Their most common mode of failure is "sagged out", transfering vibration to the frame. Second mode of failure is "torn/ physically damaged", this could be a result of operating for years without the limit strap, or long-neglected "sagged out" ones. If you decide to go with yamaha mounts, get new "not sagged out" ones.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 03:54 PM   #3
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Bumped up picture of my clone motor tension bracket in the clone section of big blocks.Easy to make helps save your motor mounts.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:44 AM   #4
Marty Mechanic
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thank you gentlemen..cgtech and raydhd...I will put the limiter back on.... I wanna build my own 420 HF motor mounts and I am looking for a template....lots of good photos..here though...every body is dropping the front mount 3" it seems...is this to keep the oil resevour/engine horizontal? It looks easier to just bridge the stock mounts with some heavy alum/iron....real easy....too easy??? (raising the rear 5in will put the swing arm aiming down to the back, hence the engine's oil resevour is not level?)
Thanks in advance,
Marty Mechanic
Old 09-03-2015, 01:02 AM   #5
Marty Mechanic
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thank you gentlemen..cgtech and raydhd...I will put the limiter back on.... I wanna build my own 420 HF motor mounts and I am looking for a template....lots of good photos..here though...every body is dropping the front mount 3" it seems...is this to keep the oil resevour/engine horizontal? It looks easier to just bridge the stock mounts with some heavy alum/iron....real easy....too easy??? (raising the rear 5in will put the swing arm aiming down to the back, hence the engine's oil resevour is not level?)
Thanks in advance,
Marty Mechanic
Old 09-03-2015, 06:26 AM   #6
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Vegascarts makes the mount you need.There are certainly pictures if you don't want to spend the $75.If you are going to use a S/G and not buying theirs take care as one person on BGW fractured his crankcase with a home made S/G mount.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:47 AM   #7
Marty Mechanic
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

thank you Raydhd....being a newbie can be daunting...this outfit saves a lot of time at reasonable cost too! I did notice they do not "drop" the front of the mount...do you think this will be a problem since I am jacking only the back up 5"? I also noticed that in your signature that you own a highly modified cart....is there a place where you have posted pics of your modification adventure? Sincerely, Marty
Old 09-03-2015, 05:26 PM   #8
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I am up 4" and no problem.There are now great pictures of step by step installation instructions on VC's site that are cart specific.I did not do any pictures doing my install .I was in a hurry to get riding.The VC clones do not need any lift to be installed.I did not do a lift until much later to get 24" tires to make use of the power increase and get my hushpower muffler more than 2" off the ground.There are pics of my throttle and exhaust mods in the clone section since I did not opt to follow all VC's methods.Please note I did use the VC engine in my swap so things may come into play with a non VC clone with the air box and exhaust.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha