lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2016, 08:37 PM   #1
grvtman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default g1 starting problem

having a problem starting my cart. i have to push the accelerator to the floor then back it off almost all the way and the cart will start. and if it doesnt start you have to play with it like that to get it to start. i have change the crank seals and the carb joint( intake or what ever its called) and cleaned the carb. and this is the problem im having. also did a compression test in its at 125.
grvtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2016, 07:39 AM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: g1 starting problem

125 is just a pinch high if your gauge is correct i think they were about 120 from the factory have you tried the muffler bbq yet? may have a restriction in the exhaust
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:00 AM   #3
grvtman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

yes i have bbq the muffler last year. would it be blocked again? ill have to wait till weekend to do it again.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:15 AM   #4
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

No I don't think it would be the problem your gauge could be off 5-10 psi.... When it's doing it the motor is turning over not just the starter belt slipping? Also does playing with the choke help it start?
Old 05-11-2016, 08:57 PM   #5
grvtman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

The choke helps when it's cold. But you still have to play with the peddle to start it. Haven't notice the belt slipping. I'll have to check that in the morning. My gage may be off a little but don't thing 10 psi. I use it on cars at least once a week.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:24 AM   #6
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

check the throttle shaft and see if its loose they wear out and allow air in leaning the cart out requiring choke/ hard starting
Old 05-12-2016, 07:45 AM   #7
grvtman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

there was no play in it when i cleaned the carb. had it idling and sprayed all around the carb with wd40 and no change in rpms. also sprayed the seals and there not leaking either.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:44 AM   #8
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Is the air box sealed up completely the rubber straps are known to break.....sometimes they break on the bottom and appear to be holding the lid down but arent...how's the air filter and spark plug?
Old 05-13-2016, 06:59 AM   #9
grvtman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

the air box is good. just replaced the bottom and the straps are good on it. the starter belt isnt slipping either. when i had it idling i did squeeze the air intake hose and it would choke out the engine so dont think that is it. havent checked the plug sense i put it all back together will check today.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:27 AM   #10
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Once you play with the peddle and get it to start does it take off and run good?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha