lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2009, 11:54 AM   #11
fixitlane
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: not getting gas

as a general question for the group....

Thia is 88 ezgo gas marathon 2 stroke. It appears to need an engine rebuild. Is this unit even worth building? Planned usage was going to be to run around the neighborhood and down to the local lake to fish. Not looking for a serious off road machine as I have an atv for that. Is there adequate power for taking hills without crawling etc.?

body isn't too bad, cracked front cowl is all. Seats need covering but can get that done at no cost. Top and standard tires are ok.
fixitlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #12
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

I would say that the compression range for these engines to run should be in the min 105-110+ range.

Engine rebuild is not soo complicated on these engines vs a 4 stroke as long as you do it right the first time such as replacing ALL gaskets and seals. And putting everything to the proper torque as per the service manual. If theres even one spot for air to leak out it will run rough, or not start at all.

What i would do first is check the crank case seals, those being bad could be one of the causes to not having a proper fuel flow to the carb. You are probably not getting a strong pulse from the crank case pressure to run the fuel pump properly.

Majority of engine problems with these old 2 cycle ezgos running rough or having problems is due to worn out crank seals. You need to replace both; the "eazy one" on the cluch side, and the "hard one" on the fan side

Power wize, that cart should be more then plenty to do what you want to do. And it will go fast! the 88 was a high output engine with the 24mm mikumi carb (vs the 21 and 18 mm on previous and later models), so when its running right, it will go!
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:18 PM   #13
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixitlane View Post
as a general question for the group....

Thia is 88 ezgo gas marathon 2 stroke. It appears to need an engine rebuild. Is this unit even worth building? Planned usage was going to be to run around the neighborhood and down to the local lake to fish. Not looking for a serious off road machine as I have an atv for that. Is there adequate power for taking hills without crawling etc.?

body isn't too bad, cracked front cowl is all. Seats need covering but can get that done at no cost. Top and standard tires are ok.
can you do the engine work your self? that cart should be worth 800 or so, maybe a little more up and running
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #14
crash12888
Gone Crazy

We are all, well most of us are to far gone to fuss at us about our humor and be expected to change. We are a group of all types from all over that genuinely want to help everyone in this forum and offer sound advice while dealing with the masses that flow through.
If you want stuffy non human answers to questions go to wikipedia.org.

Topend rebuild will run about $200-$250 still worth it for whatyou have in mind. And Welcome to BGW!
We need two things from you
1) pictures of your project
2) HAVE FUN!!!! .Mitch
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:21 PM   #15
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
And Welcome to BGW!
We need two things from you
1) pictures of your project
2) HAVE FUN!!!! .Mitch
Yes true that!

Pics please fixitlane! we all love pics
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #16
fixitlane
Not Yet Wild

We'll keep taking one step at a time and see if we can get it going.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:24 PM   #17
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

We know your comp test was a cold test was it wet t plate wide open
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:28 PM   #18
EZ-GOnewild
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Dooms, you at the bar already?
EZ-GOnewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #19
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Did he wet it with a little oil hold throttle open

Dooms, you at the bar already?
About to go there
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:33 PM   #20
fixitlane
Not Yet Wild

I have no problem with humor and luv a good time. got no problem with picking on the newbie.....but if you gonna smart off do it after you have offered some helpful advise.

nuff bout it. time to get greasy and see if it can be made to run. Whole process will be a lot better when I get off these crutches and can motor on both legs!

guess I do need to buy a manual unless there is one on the site somewhere that I haven't found by searching.

I'll get you some pics then you can tell me where the best place to start the fire will be!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO