lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #1
surveyor
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default No Spark

I am working on a Jacobsen Turf Truck 1110, It is set up just like a gas golf cart. After cleaning all the wires, grounds and connections I finally got spark. I was messing with the ground post on the ignitor panel and "at the vary last revolution of the engine both plugs spark once..." It helps if I release the peddle quickly, as opposed to releasing it gentley. Anyone have an Idea, I'm headed out to tear into the pulse coil and under the cowling. This is an image of what I'm dealing with.
http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l4...nt=elect1.png][IMG]
surveyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2009, 08:10 PM   #2
surveyor
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: No Spark

Ok, I have taken off the cowling and cleaned the PULSER COIL and FLYWHEEL, and believe it or not there was no change. They both still spark after letting off the gas?????
Old 04-04-2009, 10:16 PM   #3
surveyor
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Alright, I got an answer from a genius on the buggiesunlimited site.
This happens when there is a wire (ground) hooked up backwards, now the adventure begins. Has anyone resolved this that could save me some time, anyone!!!
Old 04-05-2009, 09:08 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sorry I can't help more but..... I read about this in one of the other gas forums here...same thing. So have you tried the seach yet for other no spark threads?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:28 AM   #5
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

welcome to the forums surveyor. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/introductions/
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:02 AM   #6
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Surveyor, You say you have spark, is the cart running? Are you just wondering about the dual spark at shut down? I am not an expert on turf carts, but the dual spark sounds normal to me in that when you turn the engine off the field in both coils would collapse and give that last simoltainous spark.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:36 AM   #7
surveyor
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Scottyb - I have done some searching but have not found an exaxt solution, the best so far was the groundinpost on the grounding plate, that makes a difference when I cleaned and re attached them, from no spark to final spark.

dock98 - Thank you I saw that this forum has many responces to posts so I thought I might have a chance here. Thank you for welcoming me.

Doomsman - No it doesen't run, not even kick over nothing. I just got both the spark plugs to fire at the releasing of the peddle. I found some information on anouther site, guy say's it is a reversed connection, but *** I can't figure it out, I have gone thought the wires numerous times and think they are correct. The thing that bothers me is the key switch, those wires were completley off the diagram and etched by someone in the wrong spot, But it still did what it is doing now after I connected them to the diagram??????

So no matter what I do, cleaned all connections, flywheel, pulser coil etc etc, I get the same result. What am I misssing. But hey I got the dump bed working and before the micro switch on the peddle wasn't working, that works, I'm getting somewhere.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:46 PM   #8
surveyor
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Should I be getting a reading from the pulser coil wires on my tester????
Cause I don't get anything.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:57 PM   #9
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Hello surveyor and Welcome to the forum.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:14 AM   #10
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyor View Post
Should I be getting a reading from the pulser coil wires on my tester????
Cause I don't get anything.
Yes....It has ohm resistance, don't remember the value right off but it's in the service manual. The 1110 are branded ezgo workhorses, look in the gas ezgo tech section for the manuals. you'd be better off to post in the ezgo section for question, I didn't even find this thread till today.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO