lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2019, 11:48 AM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Stick a fork in me Johnny - I'm done. 2002 FE290 carburetor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Owner View Post
That's not the lawn btw. That's the Hunting Property where the gly is used thick to keep back the ever creeping Potato Vines, Kudzu, and Johnson Grass.

Reminds me of my house when we lived in Titusville. We had 5 acres in the middle of town, right by the entrance to the enchanted forest. Most of the property looked about like that, but with giant hills and holes from coquina mining in the area back in the day.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2019, 04:09 PM   #12
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

OK. Cooler heads have prevailed. I'm back. The cart is NOT working and I cannot change the earlier edits made to this thread to the contrary.

I will R&R the coil next and perhaps the micro switches as they are cheap and easy to do. Get them out of the way.
Land Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 04:27 PM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Dont R&R anything just yet.

First, take a spare spark plug with you and drive it until it's in a failed state. Pull the wire off the plug in the motor and plug in your spare, see if you're actually losing spark or not. Ignition parts are expensive, no sense in spending that kind of money on a guess
Old 07-02-2019, 05:07 PM   #14
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

L.O. check your fuel lines for cracks/pinholes. Especially the pulse line from motor. Also make sure the pickup tube in the tank is not picking up sediment.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:49 PM   #15
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

All hoses have been replaced with new. There is no time that the cart "runs", except for the moment I complete something new (like the valve lash), then it ran like a scalded dog, but it didn't last past maintenance mode.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:52 PM   #16
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Have you tried disconnecting the ground from the rev limiter? Or unplugging the bullet connector on the 1 wire going to the coil (kill wire)?
Old 07-02-2019, 07:33 PM   #17
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

Image below says one wire is in the "Black Box". The other is on the right side of the engine above the cradle. I will try them both tomorrow. One at a time and both at once then report.

Interesting "anomaly". follow the diagram wire from the Voltage Regulator to the Generator. It starts out as a #10 BLACK and on arrival at the Generator is a #10 YELLOW.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:12 PM   #18
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

There is a bullet connector next to the rev limiter going to the kill that's easier to access. I would check it there but wherever is best for you, as long as it's the same wire.

All I'm saying is do some diagnostic work before shelling out your hard earned cash to just throw parts at it that may or may not fix it
Old 07-03-2019, 11:26 AM   #19
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

I took off the black box kill wire (BLACK) from its micro-switch and immediately got the cart to run in maintenance mode. When put back together, sans micro switch, it didn't run. Although...

...I have now achieved sustained idle and the cart will continue to idle, so there is ignition. The cart runs differently now, and there is slightly greater/higher/better ignition, more of that old "kick in the pants" before it sputters and coughs. I can actually sit in the seat and be propelled for a few feet at a time when the engine ignites in staccato mode (brrruuPT then coast; brrrruuPT then coast; repeat).

when the pedal is depressed to full, the engine coughs and sputters (as repeated above) and backfires slightly a time or two. when the pedal is released the engine idles continuously. I have set the low idle jet on the carb. A few turns out and she idles faster. A few in and she slows.

I am not sure about two things, which is the Rev Limiter kill switch wire and what part is the COIL? All of the electrical diagrams I have show only a Voltage Regulator and Solenoid. The cart body is still on so seeing in there by the generator is problematic.

I am beginning to believe that at least the micro switch(es) in the black box should be replaced. They are locally available, cheap, and easy to do.

but I am still searching for the kill wire from the Rev Limiter...
Old 07-03-2019, 11:33 AM   #20
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

what does your spark look like?

It won't hurt to replace the microswitches, but I don't think that's your issue.

The rev limiter is the gold box below the valve cover.

The ignition coil is inside the fan shroud. You can't see it without removing the fan shroud, and unless someone has been in there before, you probably can't remove the fan shroud without at least partially removing the engine.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car