lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2019, 12:43 PM   #1
BadAndy2001
Not Yet Wild

Default 93 CC, rough ride

I put the HD front and rear leaf springs in, which meant the stock shocks on the rear no longer fit. My cart rides pretty rough, when hitting little holes and bumps. Is there a different set of shocks for the rear to get, or is there something else I can do to soften the ride?

Also, occasionally—and it’s completely random, I get a dead pedal, almost like I am in neutral. It happens after I stop for a short period of time, and then try to move forward again, I get nothing. Sometimes after a few minutes, it will start up like nothing ever happened. But when it doesn’t, it sits there, no click nothing turning over, all I can hear is the pedal going to the floor. Any ideas?
BadAndy2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2019, 01:41 PM   #2
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 93 CC, rough ride

i know the HD springs are STIFF !! i mean STIFF so it would make sense that you have a rough ride. shocks may help a little but not sure they will soften it up much.
BearsFan315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:23 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Shocks won’t help the ride with HD springs. The springs are too stiff for them to do any good.
Add about 500lbs to the cart and that will help.

Dead pedal could be a bad microswitch on the throttle cam, or just poor connections at the battery. Easy to check if you have a multimeter. Leave the top off the black electric box wipe you ride around, when it quits working, put the cart in maintenance mode, check for voltage on the Orange wire on the solenoid small post. Should have 12v there, press the pedal and that should drop to 0.
If it drops to 0 and the solenoid doesn’t click, the solenoid may be failing.
If it does not drop to 0 the switch on the shifter with the green wire needs to be tested.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 08:35 AM   #4
BadAndy2001
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply’s. I suspected there isn’t much I can do for the ride so far.

As for the dead pedal issue, I’m taking the battery to get tested, as I think it doesn’t have enough crank to roll the SG over. I had an issue awhile ago where my last SG ate itself, and I’m wondering if it roached the battery to some degree(it’s under warranty). If I throw a charger on the battery, it will turn the cart over without issue. Watching it last night, it appeared to struggle to roll that SG over. Being a Holiday weekend, it’s the quickest and easiest thing for me to check right now.
Old 07-07-2019, 05:45 PM   #5
BadAndy2001
Not Yet Wild

So here’s the update. I took the battery in and got it tested(it was still under warranty), this battery is rated for 700cc, and it all tested good in their range. They said the colts were a tad low, so they charged it for me while I did some other shopping. Came back, reinstalled it, seemed to run good. It started and ran fine. We tested some of the connections with a volt meter and it seemed to be working properly.
I have an after market horn that the previous owner installed, and while following that wire, I found an inline fuse and relays that were pretty suspect. So, for the time being, I disconnected all of that and eliminated it from the equation.
For 2 days, the cart ran super. No issues. Press the pedal, no hesitation, the engine would crank, start up and go. Now today, the wife and I run around the campground, come back, I go to put the cart away and as I pull it into the shed, it dies. It was a start stop situation as I was pulling it into the shed. Dead pedal.

I took a little video to show what’s going on, because I don’t know where to go from here on it. Any help would be appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RHPgO_rrHQ
Old 07-07-2019, 08:20 PM   #6
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Check all of your battery cable ends and connections for hidden corrosion, take them apart and wire brush the connecting points.
A lot of times you can read 12v through a circuit with a meter and think its fine.
Corrosion or bad cables can restrict the "big amps" needed to operate the starting circuit. Volts and amps are two different animals to test and contend with.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car