lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2019, 04:18 PM   #1
Coleocole
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Precedent Lift back to stock

I have an 06 precedent gas that previous owner built his own lift from aluminum stock. It looks like the original front suspension is all in place, but was moved forward and lower to life the front end. As for the back, looks like traditional block to lift but could be a drop spindle. I cannot tell.

Does anyone have a few good pics of stock suspension mounts so I can see sizes of parts compared to mine? I want to return. To stock height for now and need to identify what I am missing and may need to revert. I couldn't find a good picture online or in here for that.

I will post pics of mine later for reference
Coleocole is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2019, 05:05 PM   #2
CWDunwoodie43
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent Lift back to stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleocole View Post
I have an 06 precedent gas that previous owner built his own lift from aluminum stock. It looks like the original front suspension is all in place, but was moved forward and lower to life the front end. As for the back, looks like traditional block to lift but could be a drop spindle. I cannot tell.

Does anyone have a few good pics of stock suspension mounts so I can see sizes of parts compared to mine? I want to return. To stock height for now and need to identify what I am missing and may need to revert. I couldn't find a good picture online or in here for that.

I will post pics of mine later for reference

I have a complete stock suspension I could sell you! I have a 2008

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
CWDunwoodie43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 06:34 AM   #3
Coleocole
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Can you send pics via dm with price?
Old 07-07-2019, 09:55 AM   #4
CWDunwoodie43
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleocole View Post
Can you send pics via dm with price?

I sure can! Give me a few...

CWDunwoodie43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 08:09 PM   #5
Coleocole
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWDunwoodie43 View Post
I sure can! Give me a few...

Were you able to get some pics?
Old 07-08-2019, 10:25 PM   #6
Coleocole
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

This is the lift. It appears they used aluminum stock to lower the stock mounting point to raise the front end. Looks like it would go right back to stock location, but I don't know if it's all there correctly.

I can't find a good picture of the rear online to understand why the rear is raised so much. I see no lift blocks. Im assuming they flipped the leaf springs under the axle to lift? Anyone can help me understand before I start spending money on replacement parts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190708_222441.jpg (74.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190708_222555.jpg (125.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190708_222607.jpg (108.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190708_222848.jpg (78.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190708_222850.jpg (93.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-09-2019, 08:50 AM   #7
RockportFish
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

On the rear it may be they put longer shackles on the back end of the springs to gain the lift, as well they look like HD springs which may have more arch than stock, but where the spring attaches to the very back of the cart, check the 2 plates sandwiching the springs on each side to see if they are longer than 3". Or post up a picture back there so we can verify.

Also, if you are going back stock, from the looks of one of your pictures, they have reworked the steering shaft (looks like they made a pipe extension), so you may be dealing with changing that out as well.
RockportFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:36 PM   #8
Coleocole
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockportFish View Post
On the rear it may be they put longer shackles on the back end of the springs to gain the lift, as well they look like HD springs which may have more arch than stock, but where the spring attaches to the very back of the cart, check the 2 plates sandwiching the springs on each side to see if they are longer than 3". Or post up a picture back there so we can verify.

Also, if you are going back stock, from the looks of one of your pictures, they have reworked the steering shaft (looks like they made a pipe extension), so you may be dealing with changing that out as well.
I saw some similar things. I knew the steering was extended and figured the rear shackles were longer.

By the time I redo all of that, buy new shackles, and all probably be better to just get a normal lift to put on versus going back to stock.
Old 07-09-2019, 05:21 PM   #9
Coleocole
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockportFish View Post

Do these pics help?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190709_181613.jpg (93.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190709_181623.jpg (95.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190709_181716.jpg (79.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190709_181719.jpg (115.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190709_181728.jpg (105.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-10-2019, 07:56 AM   #10
RockportFish
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Your first 2 pictures kind of show the rear shackle (where the bolt is at the end of the spring) - the shackle is between the frame and very end of the rear of the spring) which looks like a single pc shackle versus the stock double plate shackles. So, most likely it's longer. I agree with you that you're most likely better off buying a reputable lift and changing it out. One last thing, is it looks like they put longer rear shocks on too...which may or may not work with a new lift kit, as they usually put the axle under the springs.
RockportFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car