lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2019, 07:12 AM   #1
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default security lug nuts

any recommendations on security lug nuts?

want to keep my wheels safe. place im going to I really dont have any worries but I figured if I could get a little insurance for $20 I might look into it...
A buddy about 7 years ago had a set of wheels stolen but thats the only time Ive heard of anything like wheels getting taken off a cart. though last year some kid stole a cart at 3 am and rammed my cousins pickup truck
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2019, 08:25 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: security lug nuts

There's really no such thing as a security lug nut. Anything out on the market now, has already been proven to maybe slow thieves down a bit, but if they want it they're gonna get it.

Best bet is probably something like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2-CHROME-...EAAOSw5cJaqBvr

I got a set of lug nuts similar to those in anodized blue for my DS. Not because they're "security" but because they're blue, match the wheels perfectly, and because they fit in an aluminum wheel :) But still you could use a socket slightly smaller than the lugnut, hammer it on with a couple whacks, and they're coming off if they really want the wheels. same applies to the mcgard or any other wheel locks out there really.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 12:08 PM   #3
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
There's really no such thing as a security lug nut. Anything out on the market now, has already been proven to maybe slow thieves down a bit, but if they want it they're gonna get it.

Best bet is probably something like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2-CHROME-...EAAOSw5cJaqBvr

I got a set of lug nuts similar to those in anodized blue for my DS. Not because they're "security" but because they're blue, match the wheels perfectly, and because they fit in an aluminum wheel :) But still you could use a socket slightly smaller than the lugnut, hammer it on with a couple whacks, and they're coming off if they really want the wheels. same applies to the mcgard or any other wheel locks out there really.
maybe i wont worry about it, there are definitely a lot flashier carts than mine and nicer wheels. like i said only heard of it happening once....
Old 08-01-2019, 12:37 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I think it's a bigger thing for the whole cart to be stolen rather than just the wheels...

Only reason I got the kind with the key is because I wanted the blue ones to match the cart/wheels, and needed the thin ones for the aluminum wheels. On my Carryall I just have regular deep (thin) chrome lug nuts I bought up the road at the local cart shop. I don't personally care much for the splined/key type. It's one more thing to lose when you want to take the wheels off for maintenance purposes.
Old 08-01-2019, 02:02 PM   #5
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EZGO-CLUB-C...ss!46932!US!-1

was thinking something like these for $10
Old 08-01-2019, 02:12 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Any something is always better than nothing
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car