lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2019, 08:47 PM   #1
Aaw1
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas club car moves 6 inches and stops

My gas club car will sometimes run just fine for 5-10 minutes. Other times, it will move 6 inches, stop, move 6 inches, stop, move 6 inches, stop. I have cleaned the carb, disassembled the fuel pump, changed the filter, changed the spark plug, but the cart still does the exact same. Any help?
Aaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2019, 11:16 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Gas club car moves 6 inches and stops

Use your old spark plug and check to see if it actually has spark when it does that. I'd almost bet not...

I'm betting that when it does that it's not actually "running" but rather the starter/generator turning the engine
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 10:33 AM   #3
Aaw1
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: Gas club car moves 6 inches and stops

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Use your old spark plug and check to see if it actually has spark when it does that. I'd almost bet not...

I'm betting that when it does that it's not actually "running" but rather the starter/generator turning the engine
But I have a new spark plug in it, so that shouldn’t be relevant, right?
Also, I loosened the gas cap today, to see if it wasn’t breathing, and it hasn’t shut off on me yet. The only thing now, is it seems like it barely runs when the pedal is completely depressed. It fires off fast but not running strong after. I think I may have 2 problems present. More suggestions on either issue?
Aaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 01:19 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Gas club car moves 6 inches and stops

If there is a RPM limiter problem, microswitch problem, or.coil.problem then no, changing the spark plug is not.relevant. check what I suggested above first and let us know what you find :)

Plug.your old spark plug in and hold it against one of the valve cover bolts. The spark should be bright and blue. If it is white or yellow, or pale then you have a spark problem.

If it is bright and blue we can check other things but the spark check takes 10 seconds and can narrow the search very quickly.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car