lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2009, 10:32 AM   #1
TeamRMS
Hey Wally, its the Beaver

E-Z-GO

Default 84 ezgo Problem.

Hey guys, just got my first cart the other day, been tinkering with it doing some cleaning maintnance etc. I am not sure if this is a problem or not, but when i am driving it and go to stop i have to really lay on the brakes to stop the cart, almost put it into the garage wall once already . I have cleaned and adjusted the brakes and its still the same way. . It seems that when i let off the gas and brake the engine continues to run??? Not sure if its supposed to do that or not. My nieghbor at our camprground has a 92 cart and his brakes nice and easy. I dont know much about these things so any help is appreciated.

Thanks
TeamRMS
TeamRMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2009, 10:45 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 84 ezgo Problem.

Your motor should stop when you let off the gas.....try it on a small hill. If the motor keeps running you may have a stuck solenoid.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:50 AM   #3
TeamRMS

E-Z-GO

Thanks Scottyb i will try that out as soon as i get it off the jackstands. Found a bad wheel bearing so just finishing replacing that also resealed the rear axle.

TeamRMS
Old 04-24-2009, 12:38 PM   #4
TX Buggie
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Was the bad wheel bearing on the rear? If so, can you kinda discribe the process used to change it? For example, was a press needed?
TX Buggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:16 PM   #5
TeamRMS

E-Z-GO

TX no it was in the front. I am new to the golf cart deal but i have been in the automotive repair business for 16 years, and the rear axle looks to me like a minnie car rear axle, wich you would have to press the old bearings off the axle. I could be wrong tho so hopefully someone else can chime in on the subject.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO