lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2019, 07:22 PM   #1
Crack
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Electric fuel pump

Hey guys,

Can I put an electric fuel pump in place of the vacuum pump? This is the 3rd one that went out :( yes cheap amazon ones
Crack is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2019, 07:31 PM   #2
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Re: Electric fuel pump

You can but i'd make sure it only comes on when you hit the gas to run the car. I've dealt with the mess that happens with one rigged to the key switch--big mess. gas everywhere! engine completely full of gas.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:39 PM   #3
Crack
Gone Wild
Club Car

Good advice cause I would have stuck it to come on with the key, so putting it on a micro switch would be the best?
Old 12-08-2019, 07:44 PM   #4
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Yeah you want it to at least pump when you're starting/driving the car. that's when the vacuum pump would start pumping. You need only put the positive 12V of the pump to the starter side of the solenoid (white wire going to F2 on starter)

the huge mess was from when we left a key on and didn't know it had one of those pumps until it had made one heck of a mess overnight in the shop.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:54 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Get the OEM briggs and Stratton one on amazon. It's about 20 bucks and the same fuel pump as OEM but has a briggs logo in it.

The chinese ones suck and seldom last very long. Get a mikuni and call it done. Much easier than trying to wire things in that weren't really meant to be there

Rosotion (Ship from USA) OEM Briggs&Stratton, Mikuni Fuel Pump - 808492, 808656, 491922 /Item NO#8Y-IFW81854177767 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JKP3FWA..._CMA7Db8Y1VKM5
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:02 PM   #6
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Get the OEM briggs and Stratton one on amazon. It's about 20 bucks and the same fuel pump as OEM but has a briggs logo in it.

The chinese ones suck and seldom last very long. Get a mikuni and call it done. Much easier than trying to wire things in that weren't really meant to be there

Rosotion (Ship from USA) OEM Briggs&Stratton, Mikuni Fuel Pump - 808492, 808656, 491922 /Item NO#8Y-IFW81854177767 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JKP3FWA..._CMA7Db8Y1VKM5
I agree. Converted 2 club cars plus my own VC 460 to this pump.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:24 PM   #7
Crack
Gone Wild
Club Car

Can’t disagree I ordered that pump and canceled the electric
Old 12-11-2019, 12:19 PM   #8
Greg001
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I use a low pressure electric fuel pump with no problems.
Greg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 01:24 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg001 View Post
I use a low pressure electric fuel pump with no problems.
If you do use an electric fuel pump it must be a very low pressure pump to not over whelm the carburetor bowl float.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 07:43 PM   #10
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Also be sure it goes off once you stop the cart. Don't rig it where it comes on with the key; people leave the key ON a lot when sitting or leaving it short term and it can make one heck of a mess. We had one come in for repair and it ended up being a dead battery, but we left the key ON and didn't think anything of it (wasn't aware it had an electric pump and it was silent) we came in the next day and there was gas everywhere--it blew one of the lines after it had overwhelmed the float and topped engine full of gas. There wasn't any gas in the tank after.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car