lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2019, 05:18 PM   #1
Timothy L
Not Yet Wild

Default Starter generator belt slipping on Club car carryall

Hi, I have a club car carryall golf cart and I’m having bad problems with the belt on the starter generator belt slipping I’ve loosened the nut and pulled it very tight with a ratchet strap and tightened the nut again several times but after a few days it gets looser and looser and I can see that the starter generator has slipped back down the metal bar holding it if that makes any sense. Anybody hear that has found an effective way to solve the problem? It is very hard to tighten the nut very much because there is very little space for the wrench in there. Here’s a picture below - I believe it is a 2002-04

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Timothy L is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2019, 06:47 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Starter generator belt slipping on Club car carryall

I've always used a rachetting box end wrench to tighten that back bolt on the "slide" bracket. But don't overlook tightening the two bolts at the pivot bracket too.
meimk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 07:31 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

You need to loosen the bolts that mount it to the big bracket to adjust it. Otherwise it will never stay where you put it.

Also, the belt that's on there is the wrong one. It's too wide for the pulley which makes it sit too high and not make full contact with the groove of the pulley. That will always lead to slipping problems.

Also, your drive belt is looking pretty worn out too.

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...-2014-club-car

OEM Belts from David at Revolution are worth every penny. If you don't want that whole kit he can sell you the belts by themselves, but that kit is a really good value.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 07:34 PM   #4
buggyAl
Getting Wild

Only one of the 9/16 nuts in your image has a nylon insert. The insert is a locking mechanism to help hold them tight. I would replace both nuts with new ones as this can be done for less than a dollar. Won't hurt anything, can only help.
buggyAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 07:59 AM   #5
Timothy L
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
You need to loosen the bolts that mount it to the big bracket to adjust it. Otherwise it will never stay where you put it.

Also, the belt that's on there is the wrong one. It's too wide for the pulley which makes it sit too high and not make full contact with the groove of the pulley. That will always lead to slipping problems.

Also, your drive belt is looking pretty worn out too.

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...-2014-club-car

OEM Belts from David at Revolution are worth every penny. If you don't want that whole kit he can sell you the belts by themselves, but that kit is a really good value.

Thanks, I’ll have to look up that belt - the one on there, I bought on amazon a few months ago hoping a new one would have more traction but now looking at my own picture after you pointed it out, it does look too wide. Thanks for the help
Old 12-31-2019, 08:44 AM   #6
Timothy L
Not Yet Wild

Default Starter generator belt slipping on Club car carryall

If I was just to start with the starter generator belt alone would this be the right one?

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...generator-belt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2020, 06:25 AM   #7
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy L View Post
If I was just to start with the starter generator belt alone would this be the right one?
Yes it is!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car