lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2020, 12:14 PM   #11
ravenjones
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car DS Propane conversion

No sir the on demand vaporizer/regulator only has a button to prime.
It will start and idle with the stock air-box just fine but when you give it any gas it will die when the rpm's get up. When you pull the filter it runs great.
ravenjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2020, 04:03 PM   #12
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

There has to be some way to meter the fuel going in. If it’s choking out at higher rpms it’s getting way too much fuel.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 01:19 AM   #13
ravenjones
Not Yet Wild

I wanted to update everyone on my progress so far on the intake work i have been doing.It seems that the crank case pressure tube is the culprit on whats killing it at higher rpms. Im using the stock crank case vent hose on the end of the carb, check out the video here you see at idle the streamer is going in like you would expect. When you give it gas the direction changes and you see the air is coming back out! I have a couple of ideas for my next experiment and I would like some opinions.
1. plug the stock crank case vent plug on the end of the carb, and tap a ntp barb further back on my PVC intake and relocate the hose to the new location. This might allow the pressure to be more distributed and not overwhelm the carb.

2. Plug the crank case vent tube all together.

Thanks
Old 04-04-2020, 11:54 AM   #14
ravenjones
Not Yet Wild

Well after some more testing I realized I was just over thinking it.
I drilled a hole in top of the air-box, Tapped a NPT hose barb and ran the crank case vent over to it. Runs like a top.
Im calling this project done.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car