lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2020, 11:56 PM   #1
Stevop25
Gone Wild

Default KF82 Rebuild

What kit do you guys recommend? Thought about replacing the engine but the cart has been taken care of very well. I’m leaning toward rebuilding the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stevop25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2020, 10:50 AM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: KF82 Rebuild

What do you plan on using it for? For me, the stock motor has enough power for my needs in both of my older Club Cars. And both are lifted with 22" tires. What's the reason for needing a rebuild?
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:14 PM   #3
Stevop25
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
What do you plan on using it for? For me, the stock motor has enough power for my needs in both of my older Club Cars. And both are lifted with 22" tires. What's the reason for needing a rebuild?

We talked before about them smoking when we first start to ride. It now smokes continuously and I thought I’d cure that freshening up the motor. My family and I ride a lot of trails, dirt roads and haul deer back to the house. It sees a lot of use.

Old 02-10-2020, 03:20 PM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Your cart use sounds kind of similar to mine, except for the deer hauling part (which I imagine can be taxing). We live next door to a 500-acre campground that's owned by our family. Lots of dirt trails but also plenty of pavement as well. Is the motor making any weird noises or is it just smoking?
Old 02-10-2020, 07:52 PM   #5
Stevop25
Gone Wild

Quote:
Your cart use sounds kind of similar to mine, except for the deer hauling part (which I imagine can be taxing). We live next door to a 500-acre campground that's owned by our family. Lots of dirt trails but also plenty of pavement as well. Is the motor making any weird noises or is it just smoking?

Smoking and it’s got a pretty good rattle to it.

Old 02-11-2020, 06:50 AM   #6
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Yeah then you should probably do something then. You can rebuild it or even exchange it.

This place has an exchange program where you send them your old KF82 motor and they send you a rebuilt one:
http://www.jandmgolfcarts.com/engines.htm
Old 02-11-2020, 07:48 AM   #7
Stevop25
Gone Wild

Quote:
Yeah then you should probably do something then. You can rebuild it or even exchange it.

This place has an exchange program where you send them your old KF82 motor and they send you a rebuilt one:

http://www.jandmgolfcarts.com/engines.htm

Thanks for that info, I was unaware of that place. Definitely cheaper than a swap.

Old 02-11-2020, 04:38 PM   #8
cartpartsplusman
Getting Wild
Club Car

The noise is usally the cam gear rivits fix it before it blows,some parts are hard to find mostly ing parts we have most motor parts watch the rebuild places that get your core and than say its junk,than the prices go way up
cartpartsplusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car