lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2020, 07:03 PM   #21
Portdawg
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 EZGO TXT PDS just stopped

No luck with fuse. Will pick a new one up Wed and go from there. Fingers crossed
Portdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2020, 06:32 PM   #22
Portdawg
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Got the new fuse and it ran good for a few weeks. It blew again tonight. With my lift kit and bigger tires do I need to get the higher HP motor (Mot B2) Or upgrade batteries first 48v conversion.
Old 06-12-2020, 07:22 PM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portdawg View Post
Got the new fuse and it ran good for a few weeks. It blew again tonight. With my lift kit and bigger tires do I need to get the higher HP motor (Mot B2) Or upgrade batteries first 48v conversion.
The ANN250 fuse will pass 300A for 100 seconds without blowing and 460A (max amps from a XCT48400-PDS) for about 6 seconds, so your motor is drawing a lot of amps over a prolonged period of time for some reason.

How tall are the tires?
What is their max inflation pressure?

If possible, connect a laptop to the XCT and record a data log (continuous sampling rate) and post it here.
You cannot attach the .csv file to a post on BGW, so zip the file and post the .zip file.

----------
Upgrade to 48V first and then do the motor after you have a better idea of what type motor is needed for your setup.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 11:59 AM   #24
Portdawg
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

First, I really do appreciate the help and feedback. Can t thank you enough. Will get the file as soon as I can get the new fuse on Tues and take it for a run. Tires are 23” on 10” wheels. I keep the pressure at 10lbs max rates at 12lbs.
Will keep you posted.
Thanks again!
Old 06-24-2020, 03:38 PM   #25
Portdawg
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

update--got the fuse in, took for test drive. went out again, but not the fuse. Called a guy over to look and he suggested solenoid. Got a new heavy duty installed. Still no movement. have computer hooked up and i'm getting no red flags on alltraxt tool kit.
when i press the pedal controller blinks red continuously as long as I have the throttle down.
I'm sure one of you guys will know the issue but I don't. Help please!
Old 06-24-2020, 05:02 PM   #26
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
update--got the fuse in, took for test drive. went out again, but not the fuse. Called a guy over to look and he suggested solenoid. Got a new heavy duty installed. Still no movement. have computer hooked up and i'm getting no red flags on alltraxt tool kit.
when i press the pedal controller blinks red continuously as long as I have the throttle down.
I'm sure one of you guys will know the issue but I don't. Help please!
The LED on the XCT produces three colors, Green, Red and Yellow (Looks Amber to some people)

The error codes are green blinks followed by red blinks. (List attached)

The only single color blinks other than green is yellow, meaning the throttle is at 100% and controller is in current limiting mode.

The is a steady Red, meaning controller is in programming mode.

If it is blinking RED rather than reddish yellow, it is time to contact the vendor or Alltrax.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XCT Error Codes.jpg (263.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-24-2020, 06:15 PM   #27
Portdawg
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I found the light code on alltrax siet. just ran through a bunch of tests with the alltrax guy. extremely nice and helpful, but could not tell me what the flashing red light meant. We tested solenoid and a quick test on the motor but same flashing red light. going to call them again tomorrow as we ran of time tonight.
Would a controller burn up that fast?
Old 06-24-2020, 06:43 PM   #28
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I found the light code on alltrax siet. just ran through a bunch of tests with the alltrax guy. extremely nice and helpful, but could not tell me what the flashing red light meant. We tested solenoid and a quick test on the motor but same flashing red light. going to call them again tomorrow as we ran of time tonight.
Would a controller burn up that fast?

Regardless of manufacturer, some controllers are DOA (Dead on Arrival), others die quickly, some don't fail for years, while others last forever.
Old 07-19-2020, 01:32 PM   #29
Portdawg
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

After further testing, replacing the fuse, it stopped again but fuse didn’t blow. Sent it To repair guy, controller is good but ended up replacing motor to D&D 8.4 HP. I’ll be damned if the freaking fuse didn’t blow again. Still gets hot even when going half speed. Will eventually upgrade to 48 volt when I have extra funds.
In short term going to put an inch or two smaller tires on it and see what happens.
Any other suggestions? Anyone? God I hate being electric-dumb.
Old 07-19-2020, 01:50 PM   #30
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Just for a gut check, I'd go through all of your cables and connections and make sure nothing is loose or rubbing against something it shouldn't.

Loose connections and corrosion cause higher resistance, which creates lower "available voltage" and thus a higher current draw than what would normally be required.

Since this all seems to have happened at once out of the blue, and you've checked and tested or replaced all the main components, I would think outside the box a little bit. Sometimes weird little things create big problems.

I'm more of a gas cart guy myself, so I really don't know a lot of "specific" things for you to check, but have many, many years experience in automotive electrical design/diagnosis/etc. Sometimes it's just not a simple answer and you have to run through all the manual tedious stuff. I'd be checking for voltage drop between individual batteries, battery to controller, and controller to motor. Also wouldn't hurt to make sure you don't suddenly have a brake sticking or something, creating extra rolling resistance and making the motor work harder than it should.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO