lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2020, 08:55 PM   #1
reubenswinks
Not Yet Wild

Default 36V Ezgo PDS controller Issue?

Hi Guys,

New to the forum. Let me start of by saying I have tried my best to research and follow the manual troubleshooting, but I'm not sure where to go from here.

The cart will not move. It was working fine, parked for about an hour, and then would not move. Solenoid clicks. Reverse buzzer works. No diagnostic codes. The roll away feature is not working.

I went through the troubleshooting tree. Everything checks out until step 13. Voltage between controller F1 and F2 is 0. Between controller F1 and motor F2 is 27 volts. Likewise for motor f1 and controller f2. Didn't make much sense to me.

When I test between B- and A+ it starts at pack voltage but does not decrease as pedal is pushed.

When I tested the ITS everything checked out as it should. The black wire varied from 1 to 2.7 volts with pedal being moved.

Sure seems like a bad controller to me. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something before I spend the money to buy a new one. If anybody has something else I should be checking, that would be very helpful. Sorry if this is kind of a repetitive post.
reubenswinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2020, 12:57 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36V Ezgo PDS controller Issue?

The F1/F2 voltages, indicate a bad motor, but the B- to A1 voltage along with good ITS voltages, indicate a bad controller.

Check the motor (Test procedure attached) and if it is good, replace the controller with an Alltrax XCT48400-PDS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Motor Test - Sepex.jpg (91.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 08:30 PM   #3
reubenswinks
Not Yet Wild

Appreciate the help. I didn't have the stuff around needed to make jumpers and test the motor. I figured since the resistances between the coils checked out like they should, it was likely fine.

Looking at the controller I noticed some melted plastic where the tab for A+ comes out. Decided to take the controller out and apart. You can see in the photo the A+ tab is no longer connected and burned through. Think I found the problem...haha.

I will be ordering the XCT400PDS and HD solenoid I think. It is a lifted cart with a rear seat, but doesn't see too much hills or extended run time. Hopefully it is sufficient. Is the best place to get it from cartsunlimited.net ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200821_211048507.jpg (182.8 KB, 0 views)
reubenswinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 11:56 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

That is where I get my stuff.

Order the optional fan for the XCT48400. You'll need it with the oversized tires.

(XCTY48500 come with the fan, so the price difference isn't as much as it appears.)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO