lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2020, 08:49 AM   #1
Hooptmac
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Lithium range ?

WOW! Really have gained some experience with the carry weight to discharge aspect of GC's! I really enjoy using the GC but when I have passenger'(s), I run out of charge at the most inappropriate place and time. The first time I had to walk out 1/2 way and last time I made it to a staged vehicle 1/2 way out. All of this is trails.

I have been researching the lithium possibility to get more range, plus offset the weight,etc. Im CCA guy instead of an amp-hr. I have a G22 E 48 volt with a long travel lift, high torque motor and Alltrax 500 amp controller. Reading Allied propaganda, I need 48V 90 amp hr (minimum), but I think I would prefer 120 amp-hr total battery, even though the Lead acid battery is 155 amp-hr set up. This would save +/- 275# weight, (one passenger) plus get 20% more range or better because I have the capability of getting a 100% charge on the batteries before I go to this area.

Would this be the best way to achieve the run capacity I need? I really enjoy using the cart instead of a 4 wheeler or SXS.

Thanks.
Hooptmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2020, 09:22 AM   #2
Hooptmac
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Lithium range ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning8U View Post
120AH in the 48V lithium set up is going to yield much better range than a 155ah FLA set. It's not an apples to apples comparison. You'll see nearly 50 miles of range from a 120AH lithium set-up. I sent you a DM as well.
Thanks!
I am researching possibilities for my cart as I really enjoy using it! I am not sold on the Allied, but that seems to be a "plug and play" solution (with a few add-ons).
Hooptmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 10:09 AM   #3
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Look at the Roypow...I love mine.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:46 AM   #4
cajun000
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooptmac View Post
Thanks!
I am researching possibilities for my cart as I really enjoy using it! I am not sold on the Allied, but that seems to be a "plug and play" solution (with a few add-ons).
I have put together a comparison list of lithium solutions. The only thing I don't like about the individual lithium batteries is that there is no singular BMS to control all batteries as is found in the packaged units (extreme team, roypow and evolution). I purchased the Roypow due to local availability and love it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1861.jpg (220.2 KB, 0 views)
cajun000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 11:12 AM   #5
Joshwaa
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I am extremely happy with my 6 Allied Lithium Batteries. I use it out at the woods quite a bit. River Ranch is mostly soft dirt roads and it handles it with no problems. Lasts all day. My cart weighs 1000lbs with everything on it not including passengers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210211_144800.jpg (358.7 KB, 0 views)
Joshwaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 12:01 PM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Buy as many amp-hours as your wallet can stand. You will never be disappointed.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:59 PM   #7
plowman
Getting Wild

great topic, ive sold over 250k worth of allied liths last season with only one warranty, i have great knowledge on all brands ive sold if you would like to call me i would be happy to share my findings 8107361100
plowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 08:56 PM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowman View Post
great topic, ive sold over 250k worth of allied liths last season with only one warranty, i have great knowledge on all brands ive sold if you would like to call me i would be happy to share my findings 8107361100
Do you carry the newer style 48v 30ah allieds?
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 09:08 PM   #9
plowman
Getting Wild

yep stock them all
plowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 09:30 PM   #10
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowman View Post
yep stock them all
Do you keep them in the shop or have to order them?

I’m in grand blanc. I’ve decided on the allied 48v pack (I think 2 of them would suit my purposes perfectly fine) but not going to do it until it warms up a bit. If you keep them in stock I’ll swing by when I’m ready. If not, I’ll call ahead and order them. I’d much rather order from you than some random website
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lithium;g22;upgrade
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha