lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #1
clickster79
Not Yet Wild

Default New Ez-Go owner!

Just bought a ezgo gas 295cc cart. Love it! Its got the normal stuff, jakes lift, rear seat, custon painted body, off-road tires on 12 inch rims. question i have is it smokes a little at take off. also i got the gps out and it runs 24 mph. way to fast for my kids. i read up on here how to adjust the spead so thanks in advance. I think it is a robin engine and do they snoke alittle like that all the time? or did i get a piece of junk? is there something i can do to fix it? just general questions i guess.
clickster79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2009, 01:21 PM   #2
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Default Re: New Ez-Go owner!

kokopelli welcome sign.jpg
i am sure someone qualified will answer your question soon.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:41 PM   #3
ruredy
Born Wild

If your cart has been lifted the full mark on the dip stick will not read the correct amount of oil. This is because the engine has been put on an angle. If you have it up to the full mark there will be to much oil and the engine can smoke some from this. the correct amount is 1.5 qts, drain oil, add 1.5 qts, and mark dip stick as to the correct amount.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #4
clickster79
Not Yet Wild

ok thanks i will do this, this evening. i wanted to change the oil and add a good synthetic oil like royal purple in it. i run royal purple in all my off road atv's. Also i did the spring adjustment to slow it down to about 17mph on the gps. son wasn't happy with that but i was!
Old 05-28-2009, 09:06 AM   #5
clickster79
Not Yet Wild

job completed. changed the oil and added only 1.5 qarts of oil. no more smoking thanks. also when i get going wide open it starts to whistle or whine. yall know what this is???
Old 05-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #6
divot61
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

back in 03 i got a new workhorse 800, ran great, nice and quiet, then i put on a canopy top, then after a couple of weeks i started to notice a "whistle" noise, took me all summer long to find it, ended up to be the mounting holes for the windshield on the front of the canopy brackets, no windshield installed might be something else with your cart, hopefully something simple like that
divot61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #7
ruredy
Born Wild

Yes, all the noises are different after installing a top. sometime the belt will start making noise like you describe, turning it around will usually make it stop.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO