lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2021, 09:39 AM   #1
jskingry
Not Yet Wild

Default EXGO TXT 2008 AGM Batteries not charging

It's me again.

So I replaced the stock Trojan's in my 2008 EXGO TXT with the Duracell AGM 6 volt batteries. It was an easy swap and they seem to work great except for charging.

I orginally had a MODZ Max36 15 AMP charger, which worked great for flooded batteries but is not rated for AGM batteries. So I purchased an Accusense Charge 18amp model.

Well the Charger arrived and I adjusted the dip switches as best I could, plugged the charger into 110v and the green LED comes on in the back indicating the charger is getting power. When I plug it into the golf cart I get nothing. None of the front LED's are working at all and the ampmeter on the front of the unit is not doing anything.

I have tried a few other DIP setting but that charger seems DOA.

I have also plugged in the MODZ charger and it's indicating a fault, not sure if it's that sensitive or not.

1. Next steps, check voltage of each battery, if good go to step 2
2. Buy a working charger that works for AGM batteries

So the big question is what charger do I need? It's a 36v battery pack.

Thanks
jskingry is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2021, 12:42 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EXGO TXT 2008 AGM Batteries not charging

If you've reprogrammed the DPI Gen-IV charger, it takes about ten minutes or so before it starts its normal start up sequence the first time after programming.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 12:48 PM   #3
jskingry
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EXGO TXT 2008 AGM Batteries not charging

I am not a proud man, so I got out the voltage tester, the batteries tested ok but the charging port did not. So I followed the wires from the port and the negative wire that connects to the battery was tucked under, I never reconnected it.

Once that was connected the charger went to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
If you've reprogrammed the DPI Gen-IV charger, it takes about ten minutes or so before it starts its normal start up sequence the first time after programming.
jskingry is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO