lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2009, 05:25 PM   #11
divot61
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 90 Marathon 2 Stroke

its been a while since Ive worked on a 2stroke as old as this cart, i apologize for bad info

the ratio should be 1.5oz to 1 gal of gas
divot61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2009, 10:15 PM   #12
shawn.m
Gone Wild

For premix i think the discussion was 80 to 1 Factory was like 125 to 1
shawn.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:20 PM   #13
brownchristian
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the info for everyone. I really don't know what mix I am currently running since there was some gas left in the tank and the repair facility added gas but I added two bottles of 50:1 to the tank and I added some straight gas to the tank. I plan to drain the tank tomorrow and refill with 85:1. Put a bolt in the hole and left it at 1/4 choke. Plan to see how it runs in the next few days. It runs great as a golf cart but curious to see how it runs as a work machine.
brownchristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:01 PM   #14
brownchristian
Gone Wild
Club Car

Need some more help. Just got home from our 4th celebration and the cart won't start now. Tried choking an nothing happens. Turns over and has fire but doesn't start. I am sure this is fuel related and sure is starting to sound like a new carb is necessary. What do you think?
Old 07-04-2009, 11:04 PM   #15
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: 90 Marathon 2 Stroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownchristian View Post
Need some more help. Just got home from our 4th celebration and the cart won't start now. Tried choking an nothing happens. Turns over and has fire but doesn't start. I am sure this is fuel related and sure is starting to sound like a new carb is necessary. What do you think?
What were the other three celebrations? Have ya checked to see if the fuel pump is pumping?
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:49 AM   #16
brownchristian
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysouth View Post
What were the other three celebrations? Have ya checked to see if the fuel pump is pumping?
Yep the fuel pump is strong. Gonna try and adjust the carb this morning and see if that does it.

What are the reed valves I keep reading so much about? Where are they?
Old 07-05-2009, 09:18 AM   #17
shawn.m
Gone Wild

ignore the reed valves they rarely go bad. Drain all the gas off from the gas tank, make sure your fuel filter is good.
Pull the main nut off the carb bowl to drain the carb also. Check the main nut - there are is a jet in that nut. you can blow on the jet end and should feel air coming out of the two small holes.

refill tank with 85:1 fuel

pull the line off the carb and crank the motor over.
you should see gas coming out of the line - this verifies that you have the gas line and vacuum line correct (I swapped mine the first time) and also have the fuel pump working correctly
with fuel coming out of the gas line hook it back to the carb and choke it. I have found that mine is very cold blooded.

their really is not much to this carb, only three jets in it, float, float valve. I would not replace the carb unless you can physically move the throttle shaft back and forth in its bore. that is really the only reason to replace it.
shawn.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:35 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownchristian View Post
Yep the fuel pump is strong. Gonna try and adjust the carb this morning and see if that does it.

What are the reed valves I keep reading so much about? Where are they?
Go back and look at the tutorial Pizzamaker linked you to. Clear pictures of motor & reed valves
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO