lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
Fleck
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Default 84 Marathon motor mount bolts

The Gasser I'm trying to rebiuld for the Fire Co. seems to have motor mount problem. On the passenger's side 2 out of 4 are broke. Not a problem because when I install the lift I should be able to drill and retap them. The driver's side is where I think I have a major problem. I see 3 bolt holes and only 1 has a bolt in it. The 1 that has a bolt in it is the top one( the one that sits in the cradle or the u groove). The other 2 that are lower are missing. I tryed replacing them with 1" bolts but too short. Tryed 2" bolts but they don't line out with the holes(on a bad angle). Are these longer bolts also Head bolts?? I hope not, I really don't have time to pull the motor: I have to turn a running cart over to the body shop no later then monday. Pleaseme.
Fleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2009, 07:52 PM   #2
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 84 Marathon motor mount bolts

wish I could help you.with that one but I never dealt with that particular area on a cart that old. Can you put up some pics?
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:00 PM   #3
Fleck
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccowboy View Post
wish I could help you.with that one but I never dealt with that particular area on a cart that old. Can you put up some pics?
Thanks for the reply. I'll try to post a pict tommorrow. I'm hoping they aren't headbolts/ motormount bolts.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:39 AM   #4
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

Just had my 1987 engine out and all the bolts were 1" long and the are a basterd to get lined up, it took me forever. There is only 3 on the drivers side and 4 on the passenger side.

I have 2 words for those bolts THEY SUCK!!
GoTeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:28 PM   #5
Fleck
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTeeMan View Post
Just had my 1987 engine out and all the bolts were 1" long and the are a basterd to get lined up, it took me forever. There is only 3 on the drivers side and 4 on the passenger side.

I have 2 words for those bolts THEY SUCK!!
I agree on the "Suck" part! So all the mount bolts are 1"? I tryed using 1" bolts on the Driver's side and they didn't hit anything but air so I tryed 2" and I found holes in the head but they where definently not in line with the nount holes. I'll try again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO