lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2010, 11:31 AM   #11
WGW Foods
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What have you towed...

I have moved a 14 foot camper that we converted to concession trailer. I am looking to build a tow dolly so that the trailer weight is not on the cart. I have had 350 lb of onions in the back. The front floates a little.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (111.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 012.jpg (147.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 011.jpg (186.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Trailer #5 001.jpg (88.6 KB, 16 views)
WGW Foods is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2010, 11:43 AM   #12
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

350 #'s of onions????? That poor cart!!!
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:09 PM   #13
WGW Foods
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

We specialize in Bloomin and Haystack Onions at fairs and festivals.
WGW Foods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:28 PM   #14
BrewCrew
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Here is the hitch I got from Buggies Unlimited. It was supposed to line up with holes and bolt on, but didn't exactly line up so I took off the bottom step and took it to a buddy of mine and he welded it for me. If you have a back seat this is a very easy and sturdy way to add a hitch to your cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hitch close.jpg (92.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg hitch far.jpg (65.7 KB, 17 views)
BrewCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:40 PM   #15
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Ive pulled broken down carts up steep hills and loaded the box full of logs in a 70's electric ezgo with ancient batteries, pulled a smallish trailer around my yard with a lifted gas ezgo,i had a yamaha once but it never towed anything but hit something it took off after checking something(me not on it) and hit the brand new shed in my backyard(i dont like yamahas anymore) ill have to say though those g1 yamahas have some balls to them haha
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:43 PM   #16
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Here's another way to add a hitch, weld on a whole new bumper! This is off a Trail Blazer, so far have towed my 19' Fish and Ski but don't have pics...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0017.jpg (115.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0020.jpg (110.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0024.jpg (122.0 KB, 38 views)
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:14 PM   #17
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

That hitch looks nice on there, im guessing u cant go by the weight ratings on that sticker though lol
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #18
heavygs
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Haven't towed anything with the G1 yet, but there will be a hitch on it so it will be hooked up to something sooner or later.
With my old EZ-Go it has pulled a little bit of everything, we basically use it as a tractor at the campground. I've skidded logs, towed the kids on a hay wagon, pulled the trash trailer and the trail mower, hauled straw, firewood and had so much gravel in the bed I had to get my cousin to sit on the front cowl to keep the front end on the ground.
heavygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:11 AM   #19
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddymankc View Post
Ive pulled broken down carts up steep hills and loaded the box full of logs in a 70's electric ezgo with ancient batteries, pulled a smallish trailer around my yard with a lifted gas ezgo,i had a yamaha once but it never towed anything but hit something it took off after checking something(me not on it) and hit the brand new shed in my backyard(i dont like yamahas anymore) ill have to say though those g1 yamahas have some balls to them haha
Lol, a friend of mine got an old electric club car and was under it messing with something. He hit the gas and it ran over him. He was fine, we laughed really hard and still do, but he got rid of that thing in no time and does not like them at all.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:38 AM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

And we are taking care of these brake problems for Essness and Cway with some hydraulic brake 2 and 4 wheel packages.

The stock brakes hardly to the job on a stock cart let alone launching a big boat..Braking power becomes a safety issue.

And yeh, I was attacked by a Melex I attempted to repair. It ran over me at full throttle from head to toe and crashed into my shop. Bad part was I had just put 48v worth of batteries in it and they were on charge when this happened so the cart burned rubber on me.....I was laughing my but off while it happened and trying to turn it off after it sat pinned against a broken workbench spinning a tire.......Attack of the Melex
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha