lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
dspikes
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 needs to warm up before moving

I have completed the paint job on my '85 G1. Painted it with a rubberized truck bed coating that came in a fine-grit version. Pics are attached. Anyway, the only problem I have with the motor is that the first time I start it for the day, I have to let it run for about a minute before it will take off. The carburetor linkage works fine, and yet I sit there and press on the accelerator, and it doesn't even rev at all ... just keeps idling. After about a minute, it will suddenly take off, and will be fine for the rest of the day. Any suggestions as to what I need to look for? Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (112.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg P1200415.jpg (110.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg P1220421.jpg (77.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg P1220424.jpg (79.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg P1220430.jpg (47.2 KB, 12 views)
dspikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2010, 08:44 PM   #2
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 needs to warm up before moving

If you give it a little choke as you step on the accelerator, will it take off then? Maybe it is running a little lean. Could be normal if it is a little cold out.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:39 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

If it is lean, try turning the idle jet out a little more. Most like 1.5 turns out. It could be a problem with your throttle cable maybe, does the throttle at the carb move when cold and you gas it? It should go once it runs, it may cut out and bog if you don't keep the choke out, but there is no reason it should not take off. Also make sure its running and not just the starter spinning.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #4
dspikes
Not Yet Wild

It's really weird.... engine is running, throttle cable works fine, but NOTHING changes it from idle speed until a minute or so of warmup time has passed! I can sit there and pump the accelerator and it's as if it is connected to nothing at all. Then, all of a sudden, it will take off, responding to the accelerator as if it suddenly decided to respond or something! After it is warmed up, it is fine.... it's as if nothing ever happened!
dspikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:22 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Make sure you don't have a problem with the governor or cable carb to governor. If they stick the pedal can go down and throttle not move.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha