lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2012, 06:30 AM   #31
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: PDS Selectable Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpoppi View Post
1. Can I use the DVM that Scottyb has on his posts?? the one that goes in the dash.
2. if not, I have a voltage meter I can fab to hook to the terminals.. so ya! i have home work..
1. The DVM dash meter Scotty sells ought to work just fine as a test meter between A1 and B-, but for checking individual lengths of high current cable, I'd use something with more digits to the right of the decimal point.

2. Use whatever works for you, but an el cheapo DMM in a blister package from your local auto parts or discount store will work also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfenceguy View Post
....................Scotty B. can hook you up with a PDS controller and wires that he says will be in the 23-24 mph range if thats your problem.............
That's with stock tire height.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #32
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Upgrading your controller for those 22" tires is what you need. the load on the cart with those tall tires is what is slowing you down. You wont see full speed unless it is perfectly flat and a long run to get it up to full speed.

The bigger controller will get that extra MPH your looking for and the torque to run those taller tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpoppi View Post
Well, late yesterday, I took the cart for a spin, one to drain the batteries a bit, and recharge.. I hooked up the GPS and straight out running up and down my street with mild inclines and declines, 16 to 18 mph.... so, sometime soon, i'll be ordering the 2gauge cables.. if there could be another avenue to persue, let me know. speed sensor? cleaning of the cables? buy another cart??lol
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #33
Bud Man
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Spawn for shipping the chips out to me going to go for the two toggle switch method I am thinking or installing them in the controler cover close to the run tow switch does anyone see any issues buy doing it this way?
Bud Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #34
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thats what I did. Out of sight less chance for someone to go to a mode I dont want them to.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #35
Bud Man
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thought I would follow up, I got the switches installed and love being able to change the settings it works flawless. Where I live we have lots of hills so the mild hill mode works best for me the increased regen braking is awesome as well!
Bud Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO