lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-19-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
Stuntdouble
Not Yet Wild

Default Engine not getting power to turn over

I have a G1 that has new solenoids on it. I can jumper to the solenoid to make the engine turn over but It wont turn over with the key. I am getting voltage to the blue and yellow wires on the solenoid. I dont know how to check the stop start switch. I have a new battery. I have also looked for broken wires. I do have the wire scematic, but just need some intervention.

Thanks
Stuntdouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Engine not getting power to turn over

If you push the pedal and get 12V to the solenoid check your ground wires first,
Or if no 12V to solenoid then follow your start circuit from the battery through the key switch, start pedal, F/R micro switches to solenoids.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
Stuntdouble
Not Yet Wild

I am only getting .003-6 v dc to solenoid on both forward and rev. I have checked wires and have found none that are broken. how do you check the key switch? How do you check the start stop? I can buy new ones but dont want to waste my money.
what is my next move?

SOS help! help!
Old 02-21-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Find what wire is to ground, these carts do not have a frame ground like a car the wires go back to battery. The ground one should not have voltage on it ever, the other one should change with the pedal and key position. Also check any fuses and connections, wiring issues are very common in these but pretty easy to fix.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:00 PM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

If you are getting a ".003-6 v" reading at the solenoid when you activate the pedal then you will not find a broken wire, it will be a corroded connection or wire restricting amps.
You need to determine if the issue is in the "start circuit" or 12V positive wire going to the solenoid or the "ground circuit" wire coming from the solenoid.
1) Put your neg probe from meter to neg battery post, Pos probe to one of the two small wires removed from solenoid, key on and push pedal, do you get 12V from either wire?
2) put you pos probe on the pos battery post, neg probe to one of the two small wires removed from solenoid, do you get 12v reading from either wire?

The way you check any basic switch is with a VOM, volt/ohm meter.
You either disconnect the two wires from the switch and check the ohms across it when you activate it or check that voltage is moving through it with your volt setting when switch is activated.
If you have a schematic, start at the battery and use your meter to follow the start circuit until you get to one that doesn't work.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:49 PM   #6
victorjohn
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The solenoid cable should be directly connected to the battery negative pole. This is basically your ground.
victorjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #7
victorjohn
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Remove the key switch and jump the connections. It could be a faulty key.
victorjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:41 PM   #8
Stuntdouble
Not Yet Wild

Crash 12888

1) I checked neg battery to solenoid wire - got nothing

2) I checked pos battery to solenoid wires. - I have 12.75 v to black / grnd wire on both solenoid.

so what is my next move?

thanks
Old 02-22-2011, 09:55 PM   #9
mannyvillegas
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

As i stated, trace wiring to the key switch. Could be a faulty key switch. Or is it turned on? Forward on is clockwise and reverse on is counter.
mannyvillegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:08 PM   #10
haus513
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Check for oil around clutch. Air leaks are a bad M.F.er on these 2 strokes as I found out the hard way. Does it idol but not seem like it has the power to start? Spray some wd40 behind the clutch with it running/idling and see if it starts to kick over...
haus513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha