lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
dakotahunter12
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G1 custom windshield complete now what?

Well I made a folding windshield for the cart and it turned out pretty good. I used 3/16" plexiglass and a set of stainless steel hinges. I off set the plexi from the roof frame I made with some rubber stops that are made to protect furniture legs on floors. I didn't want the plexi to rub on the roof frame and viberate. I used two thumb screws on the top that I can take off and flip the top portion down and then secure it with the same thumb screws. The problem I'm having is I'm running out of things to add to the cart and with 1 1/2 feet of ice still on the lake it will be at least two weeks before I bring it up to the lake....I also added ground effects lights....any other ideas LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0361.jpg (72.0 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0362.jpg (55.8 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0363.jpg (69.1 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0365.jpg (87.7 KB, 79 views)
dakotahunter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2011, 10:37 PM   #2
haus513
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 custom windshield complete now what?

G1 custom windshield complete now what? Now that's bad *ss is what, in the process of working on windshield for mine.
haus513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:29 PM   #3
2HawkFans
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Wow..that looks great. I'd love to see some more pics of how you did the frame. Since the G1 body (and roof) flip up for service I'm curious how you fabricated that part of the frame.

That's an awesome looking cart BTW!

Brad
2HawkFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:23 AM   #4
dakotahunter12
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

What I did was dropped the angle of the original roof about five inches in the front. On the ends of the factory roof rails I drilled a hole that I ran a bolt through and welded it to the roof rail. I then made my front rails that attach to the front cowl with bolts. The new 1"x 1" square tubing front up rights are attached have a hole drilled to except the bolt that is welded to factory roof I then used a wing nut to hold them together. I just unthread the wing nut and pull open the back cowl like normal and the front section stays in its place. hope that makes sense I will post some pics let me know if you understand what I did.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg roof bracket.jpg (77.8 KB, 31 views)
Old 04-05-2011, 12:29 AM   #5
dakotahunter12
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Here is another angle if you can zoom in on it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new roof bracket.jpg (63.8 KB, 59 views)
Old 04-05-2011, 09:02 AM   #6
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

Hmm... How about fabricating fishing rod holders on top of the roof? That's a project I need to do!
stuff4mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #7
2HawkFans
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

That cart really looks good and has got me excited to do something with mine. Now if I can just quit using it long enough to do something with it....

Those seats look very nice. Are those the factory seats? Did you recover them? I've seen a lot of guys use the inexpensive boat seats as a replacement but not sure if I want to go that route.
2HawkFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:33 PM   #8
dakotahunter12
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Those are the original factory seats and I didn't recover them, they where in pretty good shape when I got the cart.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #9
rivertime
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2HawkFans View Post
Those seats look very nice. Are those the factory seats? Did you recover them? I've seen a lot of guys use the inexpensive boat seats as a replacement but not sure if I want to go that route.
I recently had mine recovered by a local upholstery shop. Cost me $200 and I'm not real excited about the quality. Too bad. I was going to have him do my boat seats. I think I'll find someone else for that task. You can see that he didn't get the seams straight between seat and back. I'm hoping that eventually the driver's side will stretch and settle in to match the passenger. He also got yellow glue all over the backs of them and didn't bother to clean it off. I think he left the old vinyl on underneath too. You can feel that it's stiff and crunchy in a couple places under the new stuff.

Not terrible, but not $200 worth either.

rivertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #10
dakotahunter12
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Wow, I think I would of said fix it or no doe. It's better than I could do but definitely not up to par for an upholstery shop. I would keep my boat seats far away from them, it is one thing to screw with my cart but my boat is my baby LOL. Cart looks great though I like your paint.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha