lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
yamahablake
Not Yet Wild

Default 84 G1 Best way to bypass Governor?

I finally got my G1 running great, had to replace the starter/generator and it fired right up even with old gas and old plug, so I am very pleased at this moment. Just wondering if anyone knows what the best way would be to make this thing go faster. How should i go about bypassing the governor, or should i just remove it. Just wondering what the easiest and best way to do this is. Would appreciate some advice before i try to tackle this obsticle on my own. thanks.
yamahablake is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: 84 G1 Best way to bypass Governor?

I pull the arm off the trans, and drill the flats out of the shaft holes. You might need to add another return spring and make sure the arm stays down on the trans. Another way is take the cable from the pedal off the arm, then attach it to the carb direct. Likely there is a post here showing that, might have to make a little bracket for it. You can mod the spring in the governor or defeat it by clamping it (good temp way), or put a longer screw in there just to speed it up part way....but problem is at high speed the governor pulls on the pedal harder, eventually it shortens the life of the pedal cable with the extra pressure.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha