lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
dcdoc45
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default How high for 25s? on G2

I'm getting a good deal on some stock yamaha rhino tires, they are 25 inch tall on 12 inch rims. how high of a lift will I need to fit these bad boys under my G2 cart body?? I'm willing to do some mods to fenders and things, so it doesn't have to all be suspension.
dcdoc45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2011, 12:08 PM   #2
jadawg27
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: How high for 25s? on G2

Mine is sitting on 24s with a 7" double a-arm plus I added another 2" up ans 2" forward so I have a total of 9" But I am sitting pretty good over the 24s plenty of room for bigger tires
jadawg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You might have to move the front more forward, if the lift didn't go far enough. The rear I figure to move the cradle down and back a couple, then chop off the rear bumper and mount. Either make a new mount or put something else on it. You can raise the lift way up and fit them, but I don't want my cart that high. Its 18 to the floor with 22s I would not want it to be much higher maybe 2" at most..... but that is just me I trail ride and take corners hard.

You will need spacers to mount those wheels right? Would be a cool setup if you want to hassle with it. I am dropping a clone 16 in and now really wish I had gone 25s because it will have ample power to pull them, where stock its marginal.

My current lift I made its 4-5 range I'd guess, I modded the rear wheel wells and cut off the rocker to fit 22s now, but big 22s they measure 23 fully aired up. With the stock cradle location I'd have to lift it way up to clear the bumper/frame there. It just misses now can just fit my fingers in there to rocker and behind tire, that is it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:45 PM   #4
dcdoc45
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for the replies. I don't think I'll have a problem fitting the rears, I don't go real fast on corners, going to be creeping around in the woods and such. I can massage the fender wells and modify the rear bumper mounts and such. what concerns me is the front, it might take a lot of modification to the front to get them under there, one good thing about these tires, the front ones are skinnier than the back. Does anyone have any links to posts on here about lifting/modifying the front end? I've seen some before, but they get buried fast and the search on here gives me fits.
Thanks
dcdoc45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:44 PM   #5
jadawg27
Gone Wild

Yamaha

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...t-tonight.html This is one I did in the past on my g16
jadawg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:31 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I don't think the front is that much of a problem, might have to cut some plastic. If you move the arms forward enough you miss the frame (closest thing) and the rocker. The rear is the problem because most yamaha are closed in behind the tire unlike ezgo. Once you fill the space you have to lift way high to get a larger tire in there with no mods. Looks like Jadawg removed anything behind the tire and trimmed the rocker to fit, looks nice.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha