lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #11
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

Default Re: wondering about a handicap modification

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopdog39702 View Post
I have to tell you guys that I never considered my self handicapped. I do have a prostetic leg and have worked the last 28 years in a machine shop! But I do have trouble walking long distances so I got into carts when I retired.
And I have always wished it had been the left leg, cause you really need that ankle motion when driving cars or carts! But overall I can't complain, it hurts sometimes and I have to do things MY WAY,which I don't mind! But still haven't found anything I can't do(at least nothing I want to do)
I do thank you for the kind words though
I hear you - lost my right leg below the knee in August 2004 after a violent crim in 2003. It's never stopped me from doing the things I want to do!

I just sit a little crooked and drive with my left foot same as in my truck, so not a lot of helpfrom me on this one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1910.jpg (133.0 KB, 12 views)
LizardLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2011, 11:40 AM   #12
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ok, I apologize for lumping you in the term "Handicapped". My father and my sister are both considered "Handicapped" so I am well aware of what people can and can't do when they are limited by the constraints that nature and/or human intervention has placed on their bodies. I should know better than to pre-judge a person based on their physical limitations...... My Sister is walking, talking proof that ANYTHING is possible.....
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #13
shopdog39702
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardLeg View Post
I hear you - lost my right leg below the knee in August 2004 after a violent crim in 2003. It's never stopped me from doing the things I want to do!

I just sit a little crooked and drive with my left foot same as in my truck, so not a lot of helpfrom me on this one.
I hear ya lizard, that's what I've been doing,just lookin for a better way!
Best thing I've come up with, in truck or cart, is let the wife drive!!
And no offence taken Rabbit,I was just saying that when it comes down to it,I know I'm worse than some but better than some who are allot more challenged than me, and I consider it a blessing
shopdog39702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #14
E.Z.Carter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey shopdog, I to am disabled. I am in a wheel chair and got into the cart thing to be able to get into the woods for hunting. I can drive anything with an automatic trans. with the use of portable hand controls. But I am able to drive a cart with the limited use of my right leg, just don't jump out in front of me! They are simple to install and use and can be removed and installed fairly quickly. There are a few manufactures out there but I chose the TNT ones because of the way they attach to the pedals with a cam-lock nut. Thought that was the best for staying tight on the pedals without coming loose. They work great for cars trucks ect... They will not fit over the larger pedals of a golf cart though. It would not be hard to make a set of pedal clamps that would work with them or make a set of portables altogether they are simple in construction. Something like this wouldn't involve modifying the the cart much or at all. Just another suggestion. it's good to have options. Check out the link http://www.tntportable.com/
hope this helps.
E.Z.Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #15
select
Not Yet Wild

Same deal here, except it's the left leg and above the knee.

I'm going to make a modification for a quick place to put my crutches. I've been putting them between the front and back seats, but it's a bit cumbersome. I'm going to try to make something a little easier to use.

Good luck with your modification.
select is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:58 PM   #16
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

select....make a small rack to hang them on the drivers side of the cart. You sit down, swing into the drive position, hang your crutches on the side. I have seen a set of Z shaped shelf brackets used... The top of the crutch hooks over the bracket and the bottom end lays in it. The one I saw was mounted to the windshield frame supports.
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, general b.s., members rides
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO