lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

View Poll Results: How to lower front?
Flip springs 180 degrees 4 100.00%
Remove short leaf 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2011, 07:59 PM   #11
Offtwice
Member 23082

Club Car

Default Re: Lowering Front

I don't know how the EZGO front end works.............but I know on CC Precedent, rebending the spring or flipping it is the cheap fix............and the only way to properly lower the front is to get a new spring fabricated.

I rebent my original spring for $25 and had camber issues. Subsequently, had a custom spring fabricated for $70. I wish I would have just spent the $70 originally instead of now spending a total of $95.
Offtwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2011, 08:05 PM   #12
GreshamCA
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Offtwice, if you take out the middle 2 letters you get a really ugly word. The EZGO has 2 springs that stick forward and attach to a solid axle so re-tempering shouldn't be a big issue.

Last edited by GreshamCA; 08-25-2011 at 08:20 PM.. Reason: edited to add 2nd. sentence
GreshamCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:20 PM   #13
Offtwice
Member 23082

Club Car

wow..............never realized that...................

remember, Nobody Beats......................
Old 08-25-2011, 09:06 PM   #14
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I work in a Spring shop,You can rebend the springs to rearch them and also bend the lead-end to adjust caster.We built new springs for my Ez-Go and tilted the first 3" upwards a little to improve handling and steering ease.On a Club-Car,you have to shorten the spring to lower the cart since the spring "grows" as you flatten the arch.Ask Offtwice,We just built him a new Club-Car spring.Re-arching is very simple as long as you can explain properly what you want and don't have extreme expectations.Building from new gives you more options such as changing stiffness due to leaf-thickness and # of leafs.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #15
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sooooo........... I don't know of any spring shops in Houston. I'll talk to Terry and Hotcat see what they did for their txt and if they are having problems.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #16
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
I work in a Spring shop,You can rebend the springs to rearch them and also bend the lead-end to adjust caster.We built new springs for my Ez-Go and tilted the first 3" upwards a little to improve handling and steering ease.On a Club-Car,you have to shorten the spring to lower the cart since the spring "grows" as you flatten the arch.Ask Offtwice,We just built him a new Club-Car spring.Re-arching is very simple as long as you can explain properly what you want and don't have extreme expectations.Building from new gives you more options such as changing stiffness due to leaf-thickness and # of leafs.Hope this helps.
So what should I do? Pull a leaf? Flip them? I know nothing about this stuff.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #17
Offtwice
Member 23082

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
Pachanga and his guys did a great job for me!

OT
Old 08-25-2011, 09:21 PM   #18
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well maybe he can chime in again and pm me what he can do for me.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #19
Offtwice
Member 23082

Club Car

PM him............ he is quick to respond.

OT
Old 08-25-2011, 09:28 PM   #20
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

If you flip them,yes it will drop(ALOT!!) but you will also have a lot of positive caster,which will cause it to want to go straight and snap-back from a turn.Is this an older Marathon,or a Medalist/TXT?On the Marathon,the spring-perches are on top of the axle,If you move them to the bottom,and correct your steering as needed,you will drop the cart and retain stock geometry.Just some thoughts.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO