lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2011, 12:25 PM   #1
TXCART
Not Yet Wild

Default Looking for Used Cart

Guys,

Looking for a used cart for neighborhood use and the occasional trip to the deer lease.

Saw this on another thread, for $3695:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CUSTO...item336b2bca32

These guys http://www.gobuggies.com/ sell a similar rigged out Precedent for $3995.

Would it be worth the extra $300 for the 48 volt cart? I suppose it will have better torque?

Too many options, hard to know what is best for my application.

Thanks
TXCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
northwestfarmtn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Looking for Used Cart

what kind of terrain. flat, hilly, off road on road. hilly or offroad use you will want high torque. 48v is worth it question is what motor is in it what controller is in it, is everything upgraded to heavy duty. seems like they will customize it how you want it so it seems better than something off ebay. email them ask them questions tell them what you want to use it for and It seems like they could accommodate you in any way. if you want a cart that's already done this seems like a good option
northwestfarmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
paulss
Getting Wild

I've seen the EZGO carts your looking at in person. He does a heck of a job on them. If you are looking at the Club Cars, my understanding is that if it comes with four 12 volt batteries the life expectancy is considerably less. All my experience is w/36 volts but I've heard the 12 volt story from a number of friends that have Club Cars.
paulss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:42 PM   #4
TXCART
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the tip on the 4 -12 volt batteries. I will verify what it comes with.

The eBay ez go looks killer, and the list of mods is long. What kind of speed would I get out of that ez go PDS?

Thanks
TXCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:03 PM   #5
1BDPRECEDENT
Gone Wild

Club Car

I picked my CC Precedent up in Austin from Texas Custom Carts for $3495. They too will build it anyway you like it. For that price you could pick your custom color and wheels. It also included the rear seat kit, lift, light kit and windshield. Mine is an '06 with the 4x12v which have served me well. The torque and speed were great but this is a very addicting hobby so be prepared. Greg Smith is the owner of the shop, he was great to deal with. It is worth giving him a call to see what he is getting for them these days, our golf cart dealer here in town is out of their mind for what they want for theirs.

TEXAS CUSTOM CARTS
8501 W. CREST
AUSTIN , TEXAS 78724
512-917-8515 / 512-278-9294
1BDPRECEDENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:46 PM   #6
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The cart on ebay looks great but there are a few things missing from the ad.
He is running a 6 inch lift and 23" tires but doesn't list a controller or motor upgrade. its life is going to be drastically shortened when it goes camping or anywhere around a hill.

The other part is like new factory batteries. I would ask for as new a battery as possible and look in the 2010 range. even then they could be worn if its a old fleet cart restored.

It sounds like a lot of attention to looks but not where it counts in the power.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:06 PM   #7
northwestfarmtn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
The cart on ebay looks great but there are a few things missing from the ad.
He is running a 6 inch lift and 23" tires but doesn't list a controller or motor upgrade. its life is going to be drastically shortened when it goes camping or anywhere around a hill.

The other part is like new factory batteries. I would ask for as new a battery as possible and look in the 2010 range. even then they could be worn if its a old fleet cart restored.

It sounds like a lot of attention to looks but not where it counts in the power.
also says 4ga wires on batteries what about the rest???
northwestfarmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:31 PM   #8
Wynelocked
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a great deal for you...

I have 4 of these on hand.

You are welcome to come drive...but I'll tell you this.2 are really STRONG...run a hole in the wind.2 are just a little weaker in the battery department.I just redused the price to compensate...but for a BGW member...you get a HOT one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010820.jpg (150.4 KB, 9 views)
Wynelocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:35 PM   #9
Wynelocked
Gone Wild

Club Car

oh yeah...I also have a clean,clean,clean EZGO Gas.

You can slip into it for a mere $2700.....06 I think...
Wynelocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO